What happens in the EOS install process?

Wow, that’s a lot of packages missing, including a bunch of libraries–it could be anything.

Run the diff against the Arch host as well (the one that is working) to see if you can narrow it down a little more.

This seems like a good clue; you are missing some basic ALSA packages according to the diff you posted.

1 Like

Maybe a setup in your VM, could be a conflict with arch install vs calamares (unlikely). If not explained yet, what is your VW setup?

maybe test on firefox too if it is an alternative for you?

Here’s a paste for the different pactl info runs. Also, there are lots of pipewire configuration files, which ones are of importance? Also, I never modified the audio config on any of these VMs, don’t know about my host.

Does the Firewall have anything to do with it?

I did think of that since I have a strict firewall, but resetting it didn’t help.

I also noticed my host’s firewall is very similar, though not strict on the outputs, and that still works.

Did you ever do the followings to the linux host (the specific arch os and specific VM)?

1. init & restart pipewire
    systemctl --user daemon-reload
    systemctl --user --now enable pipewire pipewire-pulse wireplumber
    systemctl --user restart pipewire.service pipewire-pulse.service wireplumber.service

2. local configuration (This is the pipewire’s way of configuration)
    copy /usr/share/wireplumber to ~/.config/wireplumber (for wireplumber)
    copy /usr/share/pipewire/client.cont, jack.conf, pipewire.conf, pipewire-pulse.conf to ~/.config/pipewire/client.cont, jack.conf, pipewire.conf, pipewire-pulse.conf

3. global configuration (This is the pipewire’s way of configuration)
    copy /usr/share/wireplumber to /etc/wireplumber (for wireplumber)
    copy /usr/share/pipewire/client.cont, jack.conf, pipewire.conf, pipewire-pulse.conf to /etc/pipewire/client.cont, jack.conf, pipewire.conf, pipewire-pulse.conf

what is your VM audio setup? somethings like:
host audio driver = Alsa-audio
audio controller = Intel HD Audio
If none at all, just do it all and then:
run pavucontrol
run google-chrome in host and test the sign-in to twitch.tv ( google-chrome can access pipewire)

I dont think I ever did these things on my host at all. Anyway, did them on my guest, including installing chrome, and still nothing.

run google-chrome in host (to see the specific arch os’s pipewire configuration, if ok, the problem is in VM )

Brave runs just fine in the host, I knew this from the very begining.

Also, while I’m here, your last post gave me an idea: full GPU passthrough, since that (along with my host) relies on HDMI audio. So, I installed the nvidia drivers onto the guest, shut it down, cloned it, copied the configuration (including the libvirt hooks) from my Windows full GPU passthrough VM I already had set up, and fired it up. The passthrough worked successfully, audio, 240hz and all, but it still didn’t fix the problem…
So at least that’s one more avenue tested, I guess.

Well, then sorry, i am out, my Vm is virtualbox rather than KVM and i don’t have much use experience of audio and vedio in VM, so just wait for some more expert users’ help.
If need more things as to pipewire, refer to Johnkinell’s post in reddit.

Do you use Arch under VB?

Are you saying that EOS works but Arch doesn’t?

This is all I know.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Streaming_to_twitch.tv

Well, then sorry, i am out, my Vm is virtualbox and i don’t have much use experience of audio and vedio in VM, so just wait for some more expert users’ help.
If need more things as to pipewire, refer to Johnkinell’s post in linuxaudio group in reddit.

A few years ago, in Mint linux’s days i ever used Mint cinnamon under VB within win 10. For now, much of need for win 10 apps is done through a single icon to run wine on xfce panel, except just one thing related to stocks needs me to go back to win 10.