What do I do with these packages that are listed during a yay update?

Hi. I updated to KDE 6 and now after running ‘yay’, i see the following packages not in AUR and also an Orphan package. This wasn’t visible before updating. Anyone know how I can address this? Thanks in advance.

yay
:: Synchronizing package databases…
endeavouros is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Searching AUR for updates…
:: Searching databases for updates…
→ Packages not in AUR: khotkeys kpeoplevcard kquickcharts5
→ Orphan (unmaintained) AUR Packages: kdav5 krunner5
there is nothing to do

You should remove them. They are packages that have been obsoleted with the KDE update to plasma 6.

this is been my maintenance bible since I found Endeavour: A Complete Idiot's Guide To Endeavour OS Maintenance / Update / Upgrade

it’s a handful of monthly housekeeping commands and removing orphans is one of them

@drunkenvicar I have my EndeavourOS Maintenance Bible at my bedside…

TheEndeavoueBIBLE

:rofl: :joy:

certain passages I underline and come back to.
the man yay chapter is incredibly inspiring. :slight_smile:

Indeed! AMEN!