What are you listening to right now?

I’ve noticed a weird thing about this particular thread.

It doesn’t show up when I go into Lounge>EndeavorOS Pub. Nor does it pop up in the ‘‘Latest’’ column on the forum front page, when there’s a new reply.

I have to go into my own personal profile, and hunt it down in my ‘‘activity’’ section, or go into someone elses profile, a person I know has posted in this thread not too long ago.

How I found this thread first time around is a mystery then, I must have been drunk at the time.

Weird. Is it supposed to be like this?

Edit: When I log out, then it suddenly shows up in the ‘‘Latest’’ column. When I’m logged in, the thread is nowhere to be found.

For me it does both :confused:

Check the bell to the right, maybe you have set to not notify on this thread accidentally?

2 Likes

Damn!
I actually had it muted! I wasn’t aware of that function. Thanks!

3 Likes

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/e1unoCm0anc

2 Likes

What a great song and video! :dancer: :rainbow: :sweden:

I had never heard of Diablo Swing Orchestra. Thanks for introducing them to me. I’ll have to check out more of their work.

Yes, this is Wagner, although it doesn’t sound very much like his music. He composed this when studying composition at the age of 19. It was his first published work, dedicated to his teacher Theodor Weinlig (who was at the time the Thomaskantor, the job held by J.S. Bach some 100 years earlier).

3 Likes

This is one of the best opera recordings ever made.

Carmen Stevens Reiner

Yes, it’s mono (recorded in 1951) but the sound is good quality, the cast is a “dream” one, and the conducting - well, you don’t get better than Fritz Reiner.

This is the first opera recording I ever bought (in January 1958). I asked several of my more knowledgeable friends and teachers which was the “best” recording of Carmen and they ALL said that this was it.

I still have my original album and it is still fully playable. In 1984 I did buy a “protection” copy on Italian RCA and later I also bought the CD set.

It is still available on CD [ Carmen ] (please pardon the “advert”) and I can easily recommend it to everyone, especially those who think that they “don’t like opera.”

Lawrence

3 Likes
5 Likes

There’s more than Rammstein when it comes to German music.

1 Like

I’m not an angry grrrl, but this is awesome.

3 Likes

One of the head characters in Final Fantasy is a counter tenor. Unfortunately a few sour tones but not bad in all.

2 Likes

I’m not even grrrl, but let’s get crrrrazy! :partying_face: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Big fan of counter tenors. They are also quite HIP at the moment, haha! Better than going full HIP castrati.

One of my absolute favourite recording/performance of Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater:

2 Likes

Thanks, I totally missed that one. Plus for Natalie Stutzmann as conductor; she’s a newfound favourite.

1 Like

Talking about German music…

5 Likes

I’ve only seen the Rammstein original live, but never Nina Hagen. Oh, my goth she’s so good, and still so hot!

1 Like

Maxim Fadeev (Максим Фадеев)
In my opinion, without false modesty - a great man. A man with a very difficult fate. A man, a phenomenon in Russian music. I have a great respect for Maxim… and I’d be happy to just shake his hand.

1 Like
7 Likes