Welcome to Linux 2024

The forum seems to not play streamable vids (sad) but here’s a direct link to the vid
And here’s a screenshot version:

1 Like

Why does Linux of 2024 have a Windows icon? I’m lost.

7 Likes

I hate this. Good job man

4 Likes

Why does an accurate Windows Theme on Linux look and probably also work better than actual Windows?
I hate everything about this, but putting Microsoft to shame is a noble cause. They cant get it working so smooth for >100$

3 Likes

Yeah looks nice… but to Win11 witch is :face_vomiting:

THIS! :rofl:

3 Likes

Cuz someone wanted it to look like windows :laughing:

I personally really dislike the windows 11 ui, but the fact that this was done on linux makes it automatically 10x cooler than the real thing. if he made a windows 7 theme like that i might even actually use it lol, just for nostalgia’s sake.

Then they should just use Windows.

Never understood people leaving oppression just to bring it with them.

1 Like

Windows 11 is an abomination.

Why anyone would want a perfectly good Linux install to mimic the appearance of Windows baffles my mind.

4 Likes

they wanted linux to look like windows, not to use windows.

They clearly did not want to use windows, otherwise they wouldn’t have gone through all this trouble :laughing:

And even for people who actually do want to use windows there are good reasons to instead use Linux that looks like windows, just to name one at least:

1 Like

They NEED A LIFE.

2 Likes

Stockholm Syndrome.

FWIW, even Microsoft prefers Linux …

7 Likes

Conversely, I’ve seen screenshots of “linux” desktops where extraordinary efforts were made to duplicate the look and feel of a Mac right down to the face on the stupid Finder icon…to the top bar, the mac backgrounds, logos, etc.
Simply unsettling stuff as well.

1 Like

This is easy, just install gnome, you’re done, u now have linux disguised as a mac. Or elementary i guess that one’s even closer.

2 Likes

Mmmm … makes me wonder if I can skin my EOS/i3wm tiling desktop to look like my old Radio Shack TRS-80… or perhaps my Timex Sinclair 1000? :thinking:

3 Likes

I would be happy to help someone if they wanted to switch to Linux. Hanging onto Windows isn’t the right way to switch and learn even if it’s only the theming.

1 Like

You should put a cron job in there to do random boots messages on the screen with a 30 second countdown that doesn’t allow you to stop for added frustration.

Install

to feel like Windows.

They use EOS btw :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

this would be a great addition to the windows theme.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.