Welcome in the Lounge

This area is all about Linux or (non) tech related chit-chat.

Hey guys,
it’s already day 15 since I’m with eOS, and I love it. Also, the forum/members helps with the positive vibes.

1 Like

Who plays Classic Doom? I do. If you do, what source port(s) do you use?

I play Classic Doom, and I use GZDoom for single player, Zandronum for multiplayer.

Hello!

New Endeavour user here, did not get as respected as i would want in the Ubuntu community, so jumped over to you instead

bittin 30 year old Swedish Open Source contributor (Running and contributing to Manjaro on my laptop and now running EndeavourOS on my desktop to try different Arch based distros)

4 Likes

It seems like no one wants to lounge in the lounge.

Hello new user from the Netherlands here, how are you all doing on this Friday afternoon.

Hey

I’m mmmmna, 21 years using Linux at all. First 2 years on scratch built boxes as stand alone systems but NOT my primary system, 5 years on Linux as a secondary OS, 6 years as primary with Windows as backup, then the last years as my exclusive OS.

I’ve traveled far and wide in Linux: Red Hat 4.0, 5.0; Mandrake 7.2 (discovered mp3s!), Arch 0.2, 0.3, 0.4; Slackware 6ish, 10, 11; PCLinuxOS, then on into the morass from Canonical, over to Debian, Trisquel, PCLinuxOS again and now EndevourOS Artemis.

Alas, I’m not good as an adinistrator - if I install a distro which doesn’t go online and thus I can’t read a wiki, then poof, I’m gone. The networking stuff should be local and plain text, not PDF, not only on the net. As in cat foo.bar | more

I don’t like static packages such as appimages, snaps, flatpacks - with these, my i7 starts feeling like a 486.

I’m happy that some friends from USALug are using EndeavourOS, already had some help from them, and here I am, BT is running and persists after reboot, Mate installed, and thinking this could be a fun time!

I hail from Central Massachusetts, formerly from the boonies of New Hampshire where dialup was king.
My bits are going through a cell based hotspot, enjoying the tech for a bit.

Countdown clock to my retirement is under 4 years.

tl;dr!