WeatherWidget for EndeavourOS

I have created the WeatherWidget this App will be an upgrade to your EndeavourOS desktop with WeatherWidget :sun_behind_rain_cloud::sparkles:
Get real-time global weather, world clocks, and vivid air quality telemetry right on your screen:
Global Time & Conditions: Multi-city temperatures, humidity, wind, and local clocks at a glance. 12 Languages all for Free and with Pro you also get Air Quality & Pollution: Sleek badges tracking AQI, PM2.5, PM10, Ozone, and CO.
Native GTK3: Lightweight, responsive, and styled to blend seamlessly into your Linux environment.
Fully Customizable: Modern or classic view modes, adjustable transparency, custom icon sets, and multi-language support.
Available for Download in Github :rocket: :backhand_index_pointing_down:

WeatherWidget @ Github

That’s great, and thanks for sharing. But: This isn’t a widget; it’s an app. In Plasma, widgets are always located in the Plasma folder. So you should edit your headline first. And why should I install a weather app system-wide?

Thanks for the feedback! Just to clarify, WeatherWidget is the actual name of the standalone application rather than a native Plasma desktop widget/plasmoid.

I built it as an independent desktop app so it works consistently across multiple desktop environments, not just KDE Plasma. That naturally means it behaves like a regular app rather than a panel widget, which I understand might not be what everyone is looking for.

This release was exciting for me because it’s my first time packaging it for Arch/Pacman (tested on EndeavourOS). Appreciate you taking a look either way!

You’re welcome. Have fun with it. I’d still call it WeatherApplet, though. That’s very misleading.

Again another post by a new user doing this (bit over it, rule needs to be made I think), going to ask straight up was AI used in this?

Be like me just assume everything that comes out today is done by or at least assisted by A.I

Yes people have gotten so lazy instead of learning the stuff(not saying this Is"AI").

Soon we will have real AI if not going full on skynet right away going to do our jobs so we can lay in bed\sofa doing nothing.

This isn’t entirely true. While yes many are using it just like that there are many who are using it as the TOOL its meant to be. I understood all to well how to make the scripts I have had A.I assist with. However having A.I assist me saved me valuable time. I don’t have an issue with A.I being used I have an issue when its being used in a way you don’t really understand. Like I was to ask A.I to write a C program to calculate ones montly budget I would be over my head. I don’t know C language so I would be fully dependent on the machine. This I don’t allow myself to get into. I’ve always had the brain that ask “what makes it work” so I have to know.

Yes as long as one use it as a TOOL and is checking and understand the code then its fine.

Now Media(Pictures\Video) slop other hand is all… Well mostly bad.

And “AI” use should ALWAYS be disclosed!.