Wayland Refresh Rate stuck at 30Hz

I have this strange issue with my Gnome 43 installation where in Xorg my refresh rate is 60Hz but in wayland the highest option only goes till 30Hz. Any idea how to add a custom refresh rate for wayland?

I added a custom refresh rate through the terminal for xorg but I can’t find anything for wayland.

Would appreciate any help on this .
Thank you!

might be worth read . hope it help

" https://davejansen.com/add-custom-resolution-and-refresh-rate-when-using-wayland-gnome/ "

Thanks, I tried those steps but with no luck. my grub config file has the following line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet video=card0-DP-1:3840x2160@60 resume=UUID=1e4adbb8-9133-447c-8b9d-a81e69dcdd23 loglevel=3 nowatchdog nvme_load=YES”

after saving it I updated Grub with "sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

nothing changed unfortunately I’m still seeing 30 hz

What is your monitor?

Is your monitor limited to 30Hz refresh rate?

4K@30Hz using HDMI cable?

It’s a Vizio P series TV that does 4K and 60 Hz. I’m able to run at at 60 Hz in Xorg but not in Wayland

I’m not sure if Xorg correctly identified the boundary between your GPU and your TV via HDMI cable.

There are two questions:

• What is your GPU? Can it reach 4k@60Hz?

• Your TV uses HDMI cable. No DisplayPort?
    What version of HDMI? Example: There is the limit of HDMI 1.2 that does not support 4k and 60 Hz. But HDMI 2.1 can.

GPU can reach 4K @ 60HZ, I also dual boot windows and it works fine with 60 Hz refresh rate
I can also tell the animations are much smoother in Xorg

I’m using a display port and have AMD Radeon™ RX 580 Series

Thanks