Wayland + AMD Ryzen + Displayport Black/White

Hi,

got running Plasma 5.23.4 running on Wayland.
Settings are in compositor: OpenGL 3.1 / Balance of latency and smoothness, exact scaling

But most of the time I have 2 problems

• most programs fall back to black and white (greyscales also) after some minutes
  • Cursor changes frequently and makes it difficult to use the buttons in the programs

Any hints or links for solving this?

TIA

Uwe

Welcome to :enos: forums.

Not all programs and other GUI stuff support Wayland. But I might be wrong there are much better experts here when it comes to Wayland and Plasma.

It is said that Wayland isn’t really ready for prime-time yet. There are so many variables with distro, desktop environment, hardware, software, gpu that it makes it hard so say it will work for you or not. I am not a fan of KDE or GNOME, so I am on Cinnamon which still uses X. I chose to stay away from Wayland until it gets better “for me” and my uses and experiences. Someone else may experience it being perfect for them, not me.

Which programs? Tried plasma and Wayland and i couldn’t reproduce this.
Try with:

Wayland - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

Wayland and the screen arrangement work proper and without errors. Plasma latest build

All GTK programs like Firefox or Chromium seem to start in greyscales, KDE apps in Color. Is there any separate setting which can cause this?

Themes and all are setted back to factory defaults. But after some use all coloured apps switch to greyscale.
And sometimes the cursor changes to non-appropriate symbols.

The system itself runs fine, fast, stable

sure plasma has settings for gtk applications …

What is your graphics hardware?

inxi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog

xi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 7137 0 24 100 7113 37 10994 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 11030
https://clbin.com/VOshY

Reproducible:

If I have a normal,correct KDE app window and minimize it to the taskbar … and restore it to normal size … it becomes only greyscaled and remains on greyscale until closing and restarting this app

I see you are using wayland. I don’t really have an answer. You could experiment with some compositor settings maybe.