Watch Netflix, et al. with QtWebFlix in HD!

QtWebFlix is a Qt webengine browser application to watch Netflix and other streaming services.

Available in Arch Linux AUR pkgs.

Check it out, works pretty well!

:partying_face:
cheese

2 Likes

Firefox also plays it in 1080p actually (netflix at least). :man_shrugging:

In my browser configurations it doesn’t play. Neither on MacOS, nor on Linux, and I like it that way. So I prefer a dedicated application to view Netflix…

To each their own.

:farmer:

1 Like

Looks good, but there seems to be a problem with it, it seems to require of me to have a Netflix account. Utterly ghastly!

What would my friends think of me if they found out that I paid for my entertainment? No, no, such a thing is unthinkable!

1 Like

Account-sharing across households is still very popular on Netflix. Noone knows, how long it will continue to be that way.

I don’t have Netflix but I do have an eye patch and a wooden leg.

2 Likes

Don’t sit close to the camp fire!
:fire:

Torrenting sites are actually blocked here in the Netherlands lucky for me I only download Linux ISO’s and I never heard of a VPN.

1 Like

Thanks for the post, @anon11595408. I use it to stream HBOMax (play.hbomax.com) and attempt it with Amazon Prime (primevideo.com is a workaround). It’s easy to create .desktop configs for each, and assign separate icons.

But I use https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/netflix-qdesktop for Netflix solely.

They both use the qt5-webengine package(s).

Since my wife and I are cheap, we stream all of our entertainment to my desktop computer. Windows does a good job of it, though I tend to use Edge browser to setup HBOMax as an App and use Netflix & Amazon Prime Video apps from the MS Store.

Decent streaming quality is a must-have in Linux and is often hit-and-miss. Last summer HBOMax’s Widevine encryption was too strict for any browsers to stream from it in Linux. Just some engineer’s decision that was changed at some point, willy-nilly, and it started once again streaming come winter. None of the streaming services seem to take Linux users into account.

regards

2 Likes