VMware Horizon Client Login redirect doesn't work

I need to use the VMware Horizon Client for work, so I installed this AUR package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vmware-horizon-client

When opening the Horizon Client, you need to login to the organization using SAML authentication. The client opens the default browser of the OS with a login URL, which will, after being successfully logged in, open the Horizon Client with a valid SAML Token.

The problem now is, that the browser cannot open the vmware-view application after a successful login. It doesn’t know what “vmware-view” is.

When the website with the SAML login opens, the following warning appears in the dev tools of Firefox:
Prevented navigation to “vmware-view://<url>/?useExisting=false&SAMLart=aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa” due to an unknown protocol.

I already tried to open the generated link directly with: xdg-open vmware-view://<url>/?useExisting=false&SAMLart=aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa
but this also doesn’t work and throws the following error: Could not read file vmware-view://<url>/?useExisting=false.

I tried different browsers (Chromium, Firefox Developer Edition, normal Firefox) and also tried installing the bundle version of VMware Horizon Client with a downgraded Python version (3.11) [because Python 3.12 breaks the bundle installer], but this login problem persists.

Noteworthy is, on Debian, Ubuntu and Windows this redirection works fine with any browser, but on EndeavourOS it doesn’t work.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this and can point me in the right direction?