Update advice

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
==> ERROR: Failure while downloading https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-archlinux/releases/download/125.0.6422.60-1/ungoogled-chromium-125.0.6422.60-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
    Aborting...
 -> error making: ungoogled-chromium-bin-exit status 1
 -> Failed to install the following packages. Manual intervention is required:
ungoogled-chromium-bin - exit status 1

—instinct says just be patient and the web page will be back up. So I will.

Unless there’s something I don’t know?

PS–using forum Search function I found that updating mirrors cures this (edit/ and the old -Syyu between updating). But I updated reflectors/mirrors with no difference. --graci

That looks like an issue with the PKGBUILD. You might check the AUR page to see if there are any comments on it.

2 Likes

thanks! at arch aur it says there’s a network exception right now. also existing one will not launch because it’s looking for old libraries.
comments by lots of disgruntleds offering a lot of workarounds. notable quote:

"icu got updated to 75, and current version of ungoogled-chromium-bin fails to launch now, looking for icu 74 libraries. Please let me know if this is not a package issue and if I am missing something.

Edit: I edited the icu73-bin AUR PKGBUILD to point to the 74 release, and it works after installing that. (Just to avoid downgrading.)"

–I will just be patient. Also there are other Ungoogled’s in the AUR so no emergency. Thanks for your input.

It looks like it may just be a bit of a mistype here is what the link should be

https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-archlinux/releases/download/125.0.6422.60/ungoogled-chromium-125.0.6422.60-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

3 Likes

EDIT: ok I see that at AUR message board right now. probably be when maintainer gets home from work–the typo is his. thanks for the catch.

1 Like

launching from terminal (workaround) works:

endeavour using the icu75 and UNGCHR looking for the 74’s…

Maintainer has not fixed yet. In fact maintainer’s name at arch aur was changed to “Network Exception.”

I might try the source build…problem with those is the 25-30 minute rebuilds when updated…