Unbootable OS, long error list

I do not have a solution for you, but I am seeing some terrible practice here, so I have to comment on it.

I can’t stress the importance of having multiple external backups for important files.

Having important files without backup is a really dangerous situation to be in, with a very high chance of data loss. All storage eventually fails, it’s not a matter of “if” but “when”. It will happen, you cannot prevent it, if your files are important and you don’t want to lose them, you need a backup, preferably more than one and external.

Well, that’s not really random, is it? You can’t blame it on the OS if you caused it to break. It would help to know what exactly were you doing (“some stuff” being not very descriptive).

You shouldn’t do that. Not only does it damage your battery and decrease its capacity, there is a risk of filesystem corruption (combined with the fact you don’t have a backup means you’re playing with fire here).

You should enable SysRq key and use it to do hard reboots, instead of just cutting the power off your device (or worse, draining the battery flat).

What I would do in your situation:

• Make a backup to an external hard drive, as soon as possible before doing anything else.
  • Enable SysRq key.

And only then try to solve the problem.

4 Likes