Unable to update with Pamac

Well, I restarted the computer and there is still no lck file, but somehow pamac is able to run updates again…

I also have the parallel download set to 0 as this can cause issues too. Glad it’s working now.

Okay, I’ll set it to 0 too, since it is set to 4 atm.

1 Like

IMO pamac is broken at the moment. My pamac shows updates and if I click apply it starts updating without asking for password, then it gets stuck @ checking inter-conflicts. rkill & reboot gets me out of that and pacman will work.

I don’t use pamac much at all but checking Lemons problem gave me my problem.

pacman and yay are the best :wink:

1 Like

That’s the beauty of pacman and yay, they just work!

No issue here.

Screenshot_20200315_184443

Screenshot_20200315_184509

Well, it is broken for you. Not for me. I use pamac-aur-git in gui only, yay and pacman.

And everything simply work here.

1 Like

Pamac did run okay again today.

2020-03-16_09-20

1 Like

I just ran Pamac this morning also and no problem.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I too had the issue described by @Lemon the first post. Updating works again after reinstalling pamac, but the “Browse” section is completely empty (saying “no package found”). Any idea on this?Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-03-16 17-00-30

1 Like

Some hickups on pamac, most of the time restart pamac will help.

Hmmm…tried a couple of times but no solution.

As i had posted before i am not having any issue with it. I am using pamac-aur-git and you have to set up the preferences when you install it. I also mentioned to set parallel downloads to 0 from 4. Other than that i don’t know why you are having any issue. Update your mirrors and then sudo pacman -Syy and then try it after you have it installed and set up. I usually just use the welcome screen and update the mirrors because it’s easy and quick.

Could you please post the output from

sudo pacman -Q archlinux-appstream-data
[rick@xfce-pc ~]$ sudo pacman -Q archlinux-appstream-data
[sudo] password for rick: 
archlinux-appstream-data 20200315-1
[rick@xfce-pc ~]$ 

Edit: I think this just updated today or yesterday i should say.

Thanks! I rolled back to a snapshot from 13.3. where pamac still worked. I get there

archlinux-appstream-data 20200103-1

After upgrading I have same version as you, but when starting pamac-manager from terminal I get the error message

** (process:9030): WARNING **: 19:10:31.331: database.vala:105: Failed to parse /usr/share/app-info/xmls/community.xml.gz file: Error on line 51025 char 10: <p> already set '
            OnionShare lets you securely and anonymously send and receive files. It works by starting a web server,
            making it accessible as a Tor onion service, and generating an unguessable web address so others can
            download files from you, or upload files to you. It does ' and tried to replace with ' require setting up a separate server
            or using a third party file-sharing service.

Do you get an error message when starting from terminal?

It opens pamac and i get the same message.

Screenshot_2020-03-16_14-25-26

If you rolled back a snapshot i think if you update you should be good.
Edit: I would just update the mirrors and then sync them first.

Hmm…still nothing. Is there any log file for pamac?

Not that i know of off hand. You can look at the Pamac info here.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Pamac