Unable to update system due to untrusted key manuel@endeavouros.com

Hello,

I was updating my system (yay -Syu) and I am getting the following errors:

error: rate-mirrors: signature from "manuel <manuel@endeavouros.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/rate-mirrors-0.15.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: yay: signature from "manuel <manuel@endeavouros.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/yay-12.0.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

I have run gpg --refresh-keys, sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys and sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring (although this just reinstalled the package). None of these helped.

For pacman-key --list-keys manuel@endeavouros.com I get

gpg: Note: trustdb not writable
pub   ed25519 2022-05-23 [C] [expires: 2042-05-18]
      0F20FADC599D1C46EB556455AED8858E4B9813F1
uid           [  full  ] manuel <manuel@endeavouros.com>

How shall I proceed?

sudo pacman -Sy endeavouros-keyring && sudo pacman -Syu

:v:

3 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t know there was a separate EndevourOS keyring

1 Like

As a general note. I think it would be helpful if endevour-os welcome updated keys first, before updating the system, such that a novice user who uses the GUI never has to face issues like these

endavouros just like Arch is terminal - centered meaning you should know or learn the commands. The GUI is just like training wheels - and you are already on the way to not need them any more :wink:

2 Likes

This is not a great attitude to have. We should be making things easier, not harder, for all users. If making a simple change to the endeavour-os welcome update will prevent this, why not make it?

I’ve used Linux for 25 years and I am highly comfortable and familiar with using the terminal, enough to know to do some research on an issue before randomly executing commands. This lead me to here. However, I would have liked to save the ten minutes of frustration I just went through dealing with the issue.

For the record, Welcome now has a new (experimental) button

Update System (eos-update --yay)

under the After Install and Assistant tabs.

2 Likes

I truly think you’re all doing it right! - So many different sentiments, and you’re pleasing us all!!!

Thanks a bunch, EnOS-Team!!!

:heart:

1 Like

Pleasing all is actually impossible, but this particular new button should not hurt anyone, and quite likely helps users new to the Arch/EndeavourOS world.

However, as mentioned here, it is a good idea to look behind the scenes and find out what each command really does. Welcome helps new users, and may make some things easier for veterans too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.