Unable to update system because of corrupted eos-bash-shared

I tried to update my system today, but a package is preventing me from doing so.
Tried searching for a solution online, but nothing relevant came up.

eos-bash-shared-24.1...  1298.0   B  2.76 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ca.gate.endeavouros.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from endeavour.remi.lu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de.freedif.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.linux.pizza : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.moson.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.funami.tech : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.freedif.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alpix.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from fastmirror.pp.ua : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.archlinux.tw : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.jingk.ai : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
(23/23) checking keys in keyring                       [----------------------------] 100%
error: eos-bash-shared: signature format error
(23/23) checking package integrity                     [----------------------------] 100%
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

EDIT: Even updating the mirrors didn’t help.
EDIT 2: Nor did updating both eos and arch keyrings.

Did you try the following command after updating the mirrors?

sudo pacman -Syyu

if not, try the command

I did, to no avail.

Edit /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros_mirrorlist and comment out ca.gate.endeavouros.com

2 Likes

Looks like that fixed it, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.