Try wayland?

Hi guys!

I recently installed KDE 6 for myself. And it has HDR support, it works, a lot of people are happy with it. Now I’m on x.ORG.
What do I need to do to switch completely to wayland and try it out? Yes, I’ll start KDE by selecting the wayland session, and then what? I’m using an AMD 7900xtx videocard, do I need additional drivers, and what do I need to install to try HDR games?

I recently installed KDE 6 for myself. And it has HDR support, it works, a lot of people are happy with it. Now I’m on x.ORG.
What do I need to do to switch completely to wayland and try it out? Yes, I’ll start KDE by selecting the wayland session, and then what? I’m using an AMD 7900xtx video card, do I need additional drivers, and what do I need to install to try HDR games?

I understand after all the changes I will be able to switch between session wayland and xorg without any problems?

Thx!

That’s it. You’re using Wayland. Nothing additional needs to be done. The drop down menu will remember the last selection, so you don’t have to change it again on the next boot.

When you realise that Wayland is poop, you can easily switch back to X, with the same drop down menu.

Couldn’t be simpler.

6 Likes

Really Kresimir? I mean I know it doesn’t yet support Xeyes :slight_smile:

But it’s not really poop either. I’m confident we’ll see a lot of Wayland improvements this year with everyone switching.

2 Likes

Oh no, you’re mistaken. It’s 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝖕𝖔𝖔𝖕.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.