Trim for /home. How to include in the schedule?

Greetings to all!
I started systemctl enable fstrim.timer for the regular run trim on the ssd. The systemctl status fstrim.timer confirms the activity of the job.
But looking through the log with the command journalctl -u fstrim I see that trim is not executed for the /home (sda8) partition. What do I need to do to have the /home (sda8) partition included in the schedule?

Screenshot_20190802_235004

Hi,
Check what it shows
cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/fstrim.service

@Simon I assume ProtectHome=yes means itā€™s working on home partition or no?

1 Like

Try to change this line: ā€˜ProtectHomeā€™ to: no
and reload systemctl.

1 Like

[Unit]
Description=Discard unused blocks on filesystems from /etc/fstab
Documentation=man:fstrim(8)

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/sbin/fstrim --fstab --verbose --quiet
ProtectSystem=strict
ProtectHome=yes
PrivateDevices=no
PrivateNetwork=yes
PrivateUsers=no
ProtectKernelTunables=yes
ProtectKernelModules=yes
ProtectControlGroups=yes
MemoryDenyWriteExecute=yes
SystemCallFilter=@default @file-system @basic-io @system-service

Iā€™ll try to do as you say. On monday I will check :blush:

1 Like

I want to say сŠæŠ°ŃŠøŠ±Š¾! Trim partition /home now runs on a schedule with the other partitions :+1:

Itā€™s nice that it was useful to you :wink: Besides, with the SSD, EOS is even more like a rocketā€¦

1 Like

I still use Antergos convertible to pure Arch :blush:
EOS is installed on a virtual machine for experiments.
And I agree that the distributions are really very fast :blush:

1 Like

I also have Antergos on a different machine, but I made it to arch :slightly_smiling_face: Right - testing on VM is the basis, but you do not probably want to say that you do not treat EOS as a ā€œfull-fledgedā€ system :wink:
It is known, the error may ā€˜mustā€™ occur but the great advantage is that theyā€™re captured quickly.

1 Like

No, I think EOS is quite a working system.
I just donā€™t have many computers. One worker (Win10Pro, programs from Adobe, the entire workflow built precisely on Photoshop-Lightroom), the second ā€œhomeā€ (Arch), the third (Win7Pro, specific driver for foreign a sound card) is used as multimedia center, the fourth itā€™s an old Apple MacBookPro (computer my wife).
I do not want to change Arch on my home laptop, I follow the principle - do not touch what works :smiley:
Therefore, it remains only a virtual machine. I have there and Anarchy Linux is still installed :blush:

I know, I was just kiddingā€¦:smiley:

I suppose that may be enough :wink: I have 3 also (girl has the 4-th). But regarding Window$ -
itā€™s probably one too many:-)
ā€œDo not touch what worksā€ - I usually guided by this principle.
Saluto.

1 Like