Transparency of windows missing in plasma

Hello everyone, I’m new here (and kinda new to Linux too!) :wave:
I’m having this issue with transparency. I know that this question has been asked before but none of the solutions provided could solve the problem for me. I’m positive that my compositor is switched on and I tried playing around with “blur” and “translucency” in desktop effects

As you can see from the picture, the start menu looks nicer(kinda has a glass effect) but the dolphin file explorer (and konsole as well), has pretty much a solid color which I don’t like.

The global theme I’m using is Sweet KDE with a breeze application style if that’s useful. Also, when I try to hold a window with the mouse and try to move it, it becomes a bit transparent but not blurry like the start menu shown in the screenshot. But when the window is active, it doesn’t have any transparency at all.

The machine I’m running endeavouros on is old but I had tried garuda Linux in the past and it looked just fine with all the transparency and effects so I don’t know where this problem is coming from.

Screenshot_2022-04-01_22-13-00

Thanks in advance.

Try use kvantum and get the sweet transparent theme for it

3 Likes

I wrote about plasma themes and kvantum, https://www.lorenzobettini.it/2021/12/playing-with-kde-plasma-themes/ hope it helps

2 Likes

Good article

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.