Touchpad Two finger right-click and three finger middle-click not working

Hi,
I downloaded EndeavourOS today with i3 and am really enjoying it but have hit a hitch that’s really irritating me and I’m not sure how to fix it. Coming from Ubuntu, when I tapped my touchpad with two fingers it would right-click, and three would middle-click but on endeavour both are left-clicking.

I had a look at the arch wiki for libinput and have put the following in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-touchpad.conf:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Driver "libinput"
        Option "Tapping" "on"
        Option "TappingButtonMap" "lmr"
        Option "NaturalScrolling" "on"
EndSection

The natural scrolling setting is working (yay :smiley:), however the tapping is not. The output of xinput list-props for my touchpad can be found here, I feel like I’m overlooking some obvious setting in there but I’m not sure which one it is. How do I get my touchpad to right and middle click?

Thanks!

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Touchpad_Synaptics#Advanced_configuration

1 Like

After install xf86-input-synaptics and changing my config file the below everything worked :smiley:

I came across that page while trying to find a solution but the warning at the top of the page gave me the impression libinput is preferable to synaptics so I didn’t try it out. Thanks for your help :blush:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    Option "TapButton1" "1"
    Option "TapButton2" "3"
    Option "TapButton3" "2"
EndSection

i never remind exactly what was needed… but this pops up from time to time… i only remember something about synaptics :wink: i do not use touchpad that much mainly a keyboard guy …

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.