This is my permanent home

Hello, my fellow EOS Linux users.

I probably should’ve made this post about a month ago but better late than never. Over the last year or so I grew increasingly tired of using Windows OS and to be very frank I can’t even exactly tell you why. I think for some odd reason I just came to realize that UNIX based OS’s’ are much more my thing rather than the alternative that Microsoft offers. I say UNIX based because now I use both EndeavourOS and macOS as my two main daily drivers, with macOS being mostly for work and EndeavourOS as my hobby and fun time system. To be honest, if it wasn’t for work, I would solely use EndeavourOS and nothing else.

I did a lot of distro hopping over the last few months, and I just could not for the life of me find a distro that I 100% jived with. I think, if I recall correctly, what led me to try EndeavourOS was all the YouTube videos I came across that praised Arch Linux for its simplicity and minimalism. Myself being new to Linux realized that Arch itself is not the best option for me for the time being and the more I read into it, the more I heard about EndeavourOS essentially being Arch with a GUI. I figured, what the heck, I’ve tried all the other Ubuntu/Debian based distros. Let me try this Arch distro and see what it’s all about. So I installed EOS with KDE Plasma DE, and I am so glad I tried it out because I haven’t even considered or thought about any other distros since installing this. It really is that damn good!

I am in love with everything about Endeavour. Heck, it’s almost like it was meant to be, considering how much I love the color purple as well. The many technical issues I have been stuck with during my journey really put the reliability of this support forum to the test, and I am very grateful and impressed with how friendly, helpful and lively this community is. Sometimes it’s hard to put into words why you like something, but that’s just how us humans are. We just like what we like, and EndeavourOS is just that for me when it comes to what I want from an OS. That’s all I really have to say. Thanks for reading.

Shout out to all the developers for making this project what it is today. Peace and love!

9 Likes

Welcome to the dark side @Kundalini

4 Likes

welcome to the purple home :enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome @Kundalini good to go see you’ve found a home

4 Likes

Hi @Kundalini
I am just curious what does MacOS offer that you can’t do with EndeavourOS?

I wonder if this helps to put it in words:

• performance
  • stability
  • simplicity
  • easiness
  • community and support
  • no bloat ware or unwanted software

Welcome home.
By the way I have distrohoped for a year and tried almost everything out there till I settled that the best is Arch and EndeavourOS is the best of the best>
Enjoy it.

3 Likes

Welcome @Kundalini! :enos: :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

3 Likes

WELCOME HOME @Kundalini!
:speech_balloon:

3 Likes

Hello! :wave:

When you feel that the shoe fits … :athletic_shoe: you can walk for a long time and discover many great pathways :smiley:

Your previous experience will serve you well and I wish you the best of good times and great readings of the volunteers who demonsrate marvelous skills on the command line. :1st_place_medal:

See you down the log :wink:

Take care,
François

5 Likes

Welcome @Kundalini to :enos:-Forum and the great community !

2 Likes

welcome @Kundalini

2 Likes

Welcome and I agree completely with you :slight_smile:

Best distro and devs and community and colors and everyrhing

1 Like

Yes, I’ve settled in to using EndeavourOS Budgie, on 2 systems -desktop and laptop. While I’ve enjoyed using various distros (Zorin, Mint, Arcolinux, Archcraft, Garuda, Xerolinux), once I tried Endeavour, things just “clicked”. I no longer wanted to hop or tweak. This just works for me. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Kundalini :enos: :enos_flag:

1 Like