The system refuses to boot on any computer (HP & Dell) that I use

Disk /dev/sdb =gpt UEFI

Disk /dev/sdc =dos legacy

so this can be your issue… system seems to be running in legacy mode… but EndeavourOS is installed in UEFI mode

Ok, but was was it working fine since last week ? it seems incomprehensible.

don’t read …

Ok

1 Like

Is there any solution ?

I don’t think your different partition schemas is the cause of the issue - at least not my first impression.

I am running a system using Arch and a Nvicia Quadro P2000 graphics and I have no issues with the arch nvidia driver.

I am fairly convinced that my lack of issues is due to my chosen system which is not KDE - and for completeness not Gnome as well.

With the grub menu - I was referring to it as the means to load the base system and in the process bypass the display manager and in so process - boot to a commandline.

Booting to said commandline would verify that it is your graphical environment which is causing your issues.

Your issue is quite common ATM and I am fairly certain this is due to how KDE is handling graphics.

Those semi-annual breakages are common for KDE and Gnome on Arch based systems.

So I am the guy who posted that picture before, since then I am not using EndeavourOS but similar problems were consistent with Manjaro as well the solution for me, was to update my BIOS.

Ok, thanks for your explanation. Back to XFCE ??

Ok, thank you. I’ll try and come to update my BIOS; back for more comments.

XFCE is the goto desktop environment - when you value stability.

My environment is fully customized enviroment which suits my workflow - and should I add - I am putting stability over pretty much everything.

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 6000] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 6000]
Physical Slot: 2
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30, NUMA node 0
Memory at f4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32M]
Memory at e8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at f0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities:
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nouveau

may i over-read… but are you using the propritary Nvidia Drive ror open source Nouveau on installed system?

I suspect that either the Nvidia driver did not build correctly, or it was updated and support for your GPU was removed.

If you install and configure drivers for one PC then the OS won’t boot correctly on a system with different hardware. By leading with this you’ve sent everyone off on a “wild goose chase”. See also: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem

Maybe you can boot on the live ISO and give the link to the following.

inxi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog

that’s how I read it, which is why I never replied

2 Likes

I run one.

In my test computer lol. Best $25 ever.

1 Like