The installer freezes on 27%

Hi everyone,
I’m installing EndeavourOs now, and the installer just stopped on “Updating trust database”. I was waiting for 30 minutes, but nothing changes.
Online setup, manual partitioning, other at screenshot.
(sorry for bad English, it is not my native language)
Screenshot_2020-05-03_19-41-55

Continuing the discussion from The installer freezes on 27%:

And right now, the installer crashes, here translation of the error:
“External command completed with errors.
Command useradd -m -U -s /bin/bash -c zoyberg zoyberg completed with code 12. Conclusion: seradd: cannot create directory /home/zoyberg”
Screenshot_2020-05-03_19-54-26

@Zoyberg
Welcome. Are you installing on a system with UEFI? Are you trying to install it with another OS?

https://endeavouros.com/docs/forum/how-to-include-systemlogs-in-your-post/

Yes and Yes, with Windows 10

also, the /home is located on HDD’s 200GB partition, “/” 45GB partition and 1GB /boot/efi/ partition on a SSD

Make sure Secure boot and fast boot are disabled in UEFi. In Windows 10 there is also a feature called fast start up that should be disabled. I would restart it on the live usb and redo your partitions. Make sure you create the 1 GB and mark it /boot/efi and also /boot and format it Fat32 The other partitions should be formatted ext4 and marked / root and / home and create swap if you are using swap. See if it works after trying again.

1 Like

Okay, i’ll answer later
Thank you

flag must be “boot” here (boot and esp are merged to one flag)

This issue with lag on trust database can be an issue with keyserver, we gave this lately, seems that keyservers are very slow on getting keys and it needs to catch 170 keys in this procedure…

1 Like

Not only the keys, but it also becomes impossible to install with a GPT partition table, I had to install everything in MBR with the item in the installation erase all disk and thus everything is installed with MBR and only with ext4 without /boot or /home, only with /root

[judd@judd-b365mds3h ~]$ sudo fdisk -l
[sudo] password for judd: 
Disco /dev/sda: 447,13 GiB, 480103981056 bytes, 937703088 sectores
Modelo de disco: WDC WDS480G2G0A-
Unidades: sectores de 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Tamaño de sector (lógico/físico): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Tamaño de E/S (mínimo/óptimo): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Tipo de etiqueta de disco: dos
Identificador del disco: 0xd76883f1

Disposit.  Inicio Comienzo     Final  Sectores Tamaño Id Tipo
/dev/sda1             2048 937697984 937695937 447,1G 83 Linux

Disco /dev/sdb: 447,13 GiB, 480103981056 bytes, 937703088 sectores
Modelo de disco: WDC WDS480G2G0A-
Unidades: sectores de 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Tamaño de sector (lógico/físico): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Tamaño de E/S (mínimo/óptimo): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Tipo de etiqueta de disco: dos
Identificador del disco: 0xc452efcf

Disposit.  Inicio Comienzo     Final  Sectores Tamaño Id Tipo
/dev/sdb1             2048 937697984 937695937 447,1G 83 Linux

I have noticed this key server behavior recently and in the past as well. Then again I always use the refresh keys button on the welcome app prior to installing. If it fails I will just postpone the installation if possible. If not I have had an install successfully complete even if the refresh did fail. In that situation I just refresh the keys later manually.

2 Likes

We do work on this lag issue with keyservers and already have done some changes the Bug-Fix ISO is almost ready. Hopefull uploading it tonight or tomorrow!

1 Like

using gpt let installer crash with a message or does it hang?

No, it does not crash at the moment, it passes the entire package installation and at the end a window with errors that I do not have …
But well, I leave it with a DOS table, I denied a whole day and I had no other system on my pc, so well … I went crazy.

1 Like

Thanks for help and support, I turned off Windows 10 Fast boot (Secure boot and fastboot in UEFI had already turned off), formatted all partitions and marked it again, refreshed keys in the welcome and it finished successfully.

6 Likes

I’m glad to hear that !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like