The Atlantis release is in orbit

Yeah, so it is definitely Balena Etcher bug.

Just use something lass awful than Etcher.

3 Likes

I used different tool but it was important to notice here because many people will use Etcher no matter what. It is popular tool. Privacy thing aside: if somebody will try to use Etcher for the newest ISO it is good to know that there is an Etcher problem, not with our ISOā€™s. :wink:

Those who continue to do so, after receiving advice not to, well, they deserve it :man_shrugging:

There are other, much bigger problems with Etcher than a single ISO image not working properly. If this was due to the ISO, I would consider it a feature, not a bug, as it would motivate people to use one of hundreds better image writing utilities.

As someone that is new to Linux, should I switch to Pipewire? Iā€™m on an ā€œoldā€ (three months old) install of EndeavourOS. Mostly my audio works fine but sometimes I have problems with audio output on a specific device. Could pipeware potentially fix that or am I better of to just stay with pulseaudio if I donā€™t have major problems?
(And how hard would it be to switch back from Pipewire if it doesnā€™t work for me?)

It isnā€™t really hard to switch to Pipewire (https://discovery.endeavouros.com/audio/pipewire/2021/09/)

If you donā€™t have real issues, Iā€™d say to stick with what youā€™ve got, Pipewire does have better support for wireless devices, though.

1 Like

i would say soā€¦ i have this with etcher since a long timeā€¦but i do not use it anymore.

I meanā€¦ we do not need any app to create USB-install-stick cat/tee/cp/dd will do the job faster and transparent. but yes it feels dangerous :wink:

Well- you might find it simpler to pick it up off BitTorrent. We never have figured out what the glitch is dloading ISOs from my mirror - it also sometime stops at 1 Gb - but a retry finishes properlyā€¦ WEIRD!

As always, checksum the resulting download to be sure - but it has always worked to dateā€¦

reliable Canadian

OK - not up to the highest standards (can I use the excuse of 'new phone - donā€™t know it yet?) but hereā€™s a couple of example pix:

DVD

and

DWalk

5 Likes

what magazine?
This :wink:

1 Like

Linux Magazine. Sorry - seem to be on multiple threads here! See reference to Phoronix thread too.

This is mine, the connection is as usual:

Screenshot_20211204_133754

1 Like

Germanyā€¦ the internet desert of the world :wink:

3 Likes

Mine varies quite a bit - hereā€™s an example with VPN active:
1-vpn

and without it:
1-raw

I guess you can see why running a couple of mirrors through it makes sense :grin:

1 Like

That anyway ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Installed without any problems, running beautifully so far.
Thanks to the team for putting this release together. :v:

1 Like

I see you never came to Italy, Iā€™ve barely 20Mbits down 5up. And officially from my ISP (which is the one that give you more bandwidth here) Iā€™ve fiber optic up until my home (at 1Gbits)ā€¦soā€¦ :no_mouth:

2 Likes

i was in Trieste one time :wink:
I could go to poland ā€¦ where mobile networks are faster than cable in germanyā€¦

4 Likes

Screenshot_20211204-154931
Screenshot_20211204-155100
ā€œFiberā€ vs mobile. At least itā€™s consistent!

1 Like

One day your internet speed will be faster than my ssd speed :rabbit2:

Anyways, hereā€™s mine. Iā€™m thankful its consistent

:astonished: I donā€™t even get cell reception at my home, forget using internet. Need to go outside the home to make calls, or use wifi calling (but its not supported on my phone)

1 Like