The 80's Hair Metal Appreciation Thread!

In celebration of classic Hair Metal!

Post some of your favorite songs…

2 Likes

Yeah the 80s had the best music! (and yes I’m born in the 80s) :metal:

2 Likes

Ah, the 80s - when I actually had hair :rofl:

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Lots of hair bands but sadly not a lot of rock music, just watered down glossy non-rock product.

Not to say it wasn’t fun though! Saw Bret Michaels solo for no good reason once and like all the hair band songs.

The only 80’s LA hair bands that played rock and roll were Guns and Motley and Ratt.

In 1987, Whitesnake had a MASSIVE hit with “Here I Go Again”. Some don’t realize that was a cover version… of their own song recorded 5 yeas earlier for their 1982 album “Saints And Sinners”.

Here is the original. More raw, definitely a bit bluesy…

1 Like
3 Likes

In some cases, sure. But we’ll have to agree to disagree. While there was a lot of fluff, there were some great tunes from the hair metal era.

1 Like

Cinderella: Last Mile
Ratt: Lay It Down
Scorpions: Blackout

And about a thousand others. Graduated high school in '82 - what a time for music.

1 Like

Same here! I graduate high school in 1982. I saw some great bands, rock, industrial, and alternative.

As for rock, I saw Pat Travers, Mahogany Rush, Robin Trower, Motörhead, and more. Good times for sure!

I lived it, you are right. I am thinking about all the Cherry Pie-type stuff. there was more good than I would like to revise my stance :slight_smile:

1 Like

38faf656-93c7-4fe4-97b4-926398a25ecd_text

1 Like

seen Pat twice. WOW. someone post crash and burn now

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

We probably need a whole other thread for the power ballads. My '80s favorite was Shotgun Messiah’s Living without You, my ex just loved Dokken’s Alone Again.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve never been more proud to be an 80s baby and not remember any of this.

3 Likes