Thanks for being great

Wow, this distro must be growing. I see there are a few of these hellos! Well, anyway, I just wanted to give my two cents impressions after having used this for a couple months now on 2 machines.

The last several years, I’ve been on opensuse. I would recommend it. It is stable (MUCH easier than a few years back), and – more importantly – the community forum is wonderful. Very nice people. TLDR: I have found the same here, with a few extra benefits.

I have a crap laptop that I use to test things out on, and I threw endeavor on it a while back (still on opensuse then). I had tried a different arch based distro prior, but the default setup was imho less than sane.

What I couldn’t help but notice was just how lightning quick the updates were. So, I decided to add some AUR software to see how that went (my only previous interaction with AUR was with manjaro – but that is another topic). It went flawlessly. Any errors were easily found on the aur website. And since, afaik, this appears to be a polished version of arch with an endeavor repo, the steps to make things work are the same.

I liked – and still like – opensuse; but, I decided to make the switch nevertheless. I would never have done this if I didn’t see that there is a helpful, courteous forum here. My experience is that is probably the most important aspect.

Everything has been smooth. I’m not new to linux, but am new to the arch world, so little things like the onboarding welcome app are done quite well. So, anyway, thanks for being great.

13 Likes

Welcome! :v:

1 Like

hello @ShawnsterP
welcome to the purple universe :enos_flag: :enos: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple:

1 Like

welcome @ShawnsterP

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @ShawnsterP :enos: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome to :enos:-Forum and the wonderfull community!

1 Like

welcome to EndeavourOS. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @ShawnsterP :wave: Enjoy the benefits and the purple ride :enos_flag:

1 Like

Hi there! Welcome fellow new eos user :smiley:

1 Like

Hello :wave:
Glad to see another user with positive experiences with his installs :+1:

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Welcome to the purple life :enos:

1 Like

Welcome!! :rocketa_purple: :rocket: :enos_flag: :eyes:

1 Like