Task kworker blocked (cannot use system)

Hi,
I’m almost completely locked out of my system as I cannot run any commands that require sudo since the task kworker is blocked on boot.
I get this error INFO: task kworker/u49:4:931 blocked for more than 122 seconds.
The Network Manager task pool and specifically the wpa_supplicant task is blocking it.

How do I fix this? Because I cannot use the terminal at all since I cannot install/remove packages, enable/disable systemctl services, or any sudo command.
(For example, I found a solution of the arch forums that advised to switch to iwd, but I can’t due to this issue)

The issue started when I accidentally double clicked on the wifi button in gnome’s quick actions panel. This led to the first time where I couldn’t run sudo commands in the terminal. Then when I tried to turn off, the PC wouldn’t turn off for more than 5 hours, saying A stop job is running for Network Manager and A stop job is running for WPA supplicant. Then I forced the shutdown using the power button.

This is still happens. The PC can only be shutdown using the power button.

Please help. My entire life is on pause because of this.

can you boot from a live disk and arch-chroot into the broken system

since your in the newbie section i’ll add this
https://discovery.endeavouros.com/system-rescue/arch-chroot/2022/12/

question. when you last update your system?

pls read " [Tip] Enable Magic SysRq Key (REISUB) "

1 Like

Yes. I can.
But, can I manage systemctl services from chroot?

Last weekend. This issue started on Monday.

try viewing logs and get a better idea of what is going on.

First this is not an error but just information.

could be a process before kworker is not completing thus preventing it from being accessed.

while in chroot update ! i leave in hand of thefrog … hope it work out for you

Thank you for your help. A fix suddenly dawned on me as I was using my flatmate’s computer to make a live usb.
I disabled the wifi adapter in the bios, booted in, no issue with wpa_supplicant, updated, booted out, enabled the wifi adapter, booted back in. Same issue!
I did the same thing again, but this time I disabled the wpa_supplicant service and switched to iwd. This worked!!