System won't boot because /boot/vmlinuz-linux not found

Hey everyone! Basically as the title says, I am having trouble booting because when it tries to load the kernel it throws the error

“file ‘/@/boot/vmzlinuz-linux’ not found”

I went ahead and took a picture if it’ll be helpful, though I do apologize because it’s not a screenshot

Anyone know what I can do to recover my system? Am using BTRFS if that’s relevant

arch-chroot into your system and reinstall the package linux

That typically happens when an update is interrupted

2 Likes

Would I need to do that off a live USB?

yes

Edit:

look here, for more information.

1 Like

is your /boot also btrfs ?

Hey everyone, I’ve gone ahead and chrooted into my system and updated the kernel. It is now giving me a separate error

It seemed that other people who had this error had to run the command mkinitcpio -P
to fix their issues, but when I did this it just gave me an error saying it failed to detect root filesystem.

When I tried to just update everything on my system instead, that gave write errors. Indeed when I decided to test it out by just creating a random .txt file somewhere, Vim wouldn’t alllow me to write it

Does anyone have any suggestions for the way forward? And thank you everyone for all the help so far :slight_smile:

How can I check this?

You see in etc/fstab… was curius about @ sign in the picture

Doesn’t seem so, says boot/efi is classified under vfat while everything else is btrfs

If your disk has gone read-only then this implies it has errors.

There may be ways to fix this, but the quickest and easiest workaround would be to reinstall.

/@/boot

No seperate boot partition. The boot directory is under / which is a subvolume (@) in a btrfs filesystem.

1 Like

ok :slight_smile: cool

1 Like