System update stuck on older version

I know this is going to sound strange but my system is stuck on linux 6.8.5 and I am unable to update it to anything newer. It is a similar story for other packages like firefox 124.0.2-1 and flatpak 1:1.15.7-1.

Running sudo pacman -Syyu or sudo pacman -Syu yields the following result:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
endeavouros is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

I have cleared the pacman cache with the following command to no avail: sudo pacman -Scc

I am at a loss for what to do next, my system is functioning fine and as expected for the current version that everything is on. I have other hardware with EndevourOS on it and it has the latest of all the above.

Any advice would be appreciated let me know if there are any logs that I should be looking at.

Thanks

Hi and welcome, have you tried to update your arch mirrors from the welcome screen yet?

Thank you for the quick response.

I’m not seeing a option for that, is there a command I could run that would accomplish the same thing?

what happens if you run this command?

eos-rankmirrors

You have to change to “Assistant”. There you can find “update arch mirrors”.

eos-rankmirrors

ran successfully, doesn’t look like it changed anything.

You’d need to install package rate-mirrors or reflector or both.
Then you’ll see them in Welcome.

1 Like

I installed rate-mirrors and ran the

I also reinstalled my archlinux-keyring and my endeavouros-keyring

looks like pacman -Syyu is working now.

Thanks everyone!

I have been a loyal endevouros user for the past couple years and this is the first real issue I have run into. and it got solved in a couple hours. Cheers!

2 Likes

Great that you got it solved! :+1:
In fact reflector should have been installed, so it should’ve been visible in Welcome…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.