System lags after display turned deactivated

Hi!
I just did a fresh install of EndeavourOS with XFce on a laptop with hybrid GPUs (nvidia - intel).
When connected to a monitor (144Hz) via min displayport it works fine but as soon I deactivate my laptop screen (244Hz) using Arandr or the display utility, the system gets way too laggy. Then I activate that display again, the system gets back to normal.
Using top I see nothing weird or CPU, RAM spikes.

It sounds a lot like this:

Welcome to the forum @luisadrian :enos: :enos_flag: :tada: :balloon: :partying_face:

1 Like

Welcome to :enos: forums.

It would be great if you can include more details about the system. Please run the below command in your system’s terminal and post the link that it shows here.

inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host | eos-sendlog

@jonathon I just installed that library from the AUR and started the service but the problem persist when the laptop screen is deactivated

Thanks @s4ndm4n
This is the uname -a output:
Linux blade-blade 5.15.12-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:04:56 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
GPUs info:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]
	DeviceName: Onboard - Video
	Subsystem: Razer USA Ltd. Device 2005
--
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU106M [GeForce RTX 2070 Mobile] (rev a1)
	Subsystem: Razer USA Ltd. Device 2005
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host | eos-sendlog
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  3611    0    24  100  3587     40   6122 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  6162
https://clbin.com/Dnhhy

Did you restart the machine after installing and enabling the service? If not just give it a quick restart and see if it’s still the same.

Yes, I tried both without restart and after restarting the system but the problem persist.
Here is the status of the service if that can help:

âžś  ~ systemctl status nvidia-fake-powerd.service
â—Ź nvidia-fake-powerd.service - NVIDIA fake powerd service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-fake-powerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-01-06 09:33:42 -05; 1h 9min ago
   Main PID: 547 (dbus-test-tool)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 38374)
     Memory: 444.0K
        CPU: 22ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/nvidia-fake-powerd.service
             └─547 /usr/bin/dbus-test-tool black-hole --system --name=nvidia.powerd.server

ene 06 09:33:42 blade-blade systemd[1]: Starting NVIDIA fake powerd service...
ene 06 09:33:42 blade-blade systemd[1]: Started NVIDIA fake powerd service.