System detects two "Built-in Audio", defaults to dummy one

You could also try adding it in this file and if it doesn’t work just remove the part you added.

Edit: Or the file if it didn’t exist!

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

add

options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1

You could also try install pipewire if that doesn’t work. I’m not sure if you are running pipewire? You can check with

inxi -A

To install pipewire

sudo pacman -S pipewire pipewire-pulse --needed

No change here either

The peculiar thing is that my issue first appeared with pulseaudio.
I made the switch to pipewire this afternoon (following the Archwiki), but the issue stayed exactly the same

The only improvement I have achieved so far was to restore the connection between the system audio controls and the correct audio card by installing sof-firmware and turning off the dummy audio card [with these two changes, the system can be operated normally and the dummy card ignored in daily usage]

I do know this issue happened on some hardware such as HP Spectre and lenovo Thinkpad and there were two different files that were used as i have given you the one. But it was related to a dummy output and also the mic not working. They changed the original contents of the file to this. But it was also that the sof driver wasn’t enabled and or supported yet. It seems yours is definitely requiring and using the sof driver. Not sure on the dummy output. It may disappear some day with a kernel update or other. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hopefully so, just like it appeared out of the blue!
Thanks again rick, I will be heading off to bed now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.