Stronghold_Crusader

Yep, but you don’t have to run wine it’s just required as runtime, we gonna run just winetricks for specific game, gimme a sec i’ll find a command for Stronghol Crusader 2…

1 Like

There are also different versions of Proton I can chose from, right now I set it to Proton Experimental.

Oh, then for starters try just latest without experimental - hopefully it will run

Should be something like 6.3 i think

Nope, now configured to use Proton 6.3 but same error. We need magic :slight_smile:
Trying Crusader Extreme and HD in parallel

Ok…I’m trying to find some magic, clearly we need some of Microsoft visual stuff, but i’m not sure why it doesn’t work for you out of the box as it should, very weird.

What’s your GPU ?

$ inxi -G             
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Device-2: NVIDIA GM107GLM [Quadro M1000M] driver: N/A 
           Device-3: Sunplus Innovation Dell E5570 integrated webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: intel unloaded: modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 530 (SKL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.0.3

Edit: Stronghold Crusader HD worked right away!
Edit2: And so does Stronghold Crusader HD Extreme
Only thing left is that Alt-Tab back into the game doesn’t work, but I saw that being mentioned, might be just a setting.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Probably problem is that you’re running on Intel and Nvidia is not on proprietary drivers hence doesn’t use some vulkan stuff properly…but i’m not sure

Cool!
See latest comment by LeSnake[GER] here to fix some stuff including multiplayer, run those winetricks:
https://www.protondb.com/app/40970

For Stronghol Crusader 2 try to set Proton 5.13 as those successful reports are using this version, perhaps it will help

P.S. Jeez, your kids have talked you into a loooooot of crusaders :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, turns out they can share the purchase with me on Steam, so yes, plenty of distraction ahead :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for helping me along, also with the pacman issue. Who knows what this multlib thing would have caused in the long run. Still puzzled as to how this happened.

1 Like

Sure, no problem :wink:
But you still can’t run Stronghold crusader 2 due to that vcc error right?

Yeah that’s weird.
Maybe some accident during .pacnew merge…just check to see excessive AUR packages which are available in repos and reconsider them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

True, but let’s see if I have any brains left after I played through the first 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, if by then it will still have problems we’ll figure it out :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.