Strange graphic error with Chromium (amdgpu)

Yes, it can be updated.

Edit: or you can wait for the next update, maybe that will be good and your problem with Chromium will disappear.

Shit, the whole thing. I really have to think about whether bleeding edge is the right thing for me.

select a package by number: 152
[sudo] Passwort für uwe: 
Lade Pakete...
Fehler: '/var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-5.8.3.arch1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst': Erforderliche Signatur für Paket fehlt
[uwe@HAL ~]$ 153
bash: 153: Kommando nicht gefunden.

???

Running 5.8.3 with amdgpu and an RX580 here - and no problems with a chromium-derived browser (Brave). Maybe Chromium itself - not the kernel? Did not chromium just update too? It’s just me, but I’d start downgrading there, not the kernel…

1 Like

Nooo, Just take the number, like I said, and it’ll do everything itself…

@anon14644943

Of course :ok_hand: :+1:

I am called to lunch, it is time to do it on this side of the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I now have kernel 5.8.3 running, the problem still exists.

Wait until Chromium is updated again, I don’t see any other solution.

2 Likes

OK, I will do that, thanks @all.

1 Like

oh i had it also i thought it was me :stuck_out_tongue: because my system booted in all black , probably a faulty logout day before… weird :slight_smile:
but now seems gone

Hm, with me it is reliably back after each restart.

Which desktop are you using?

Xfce

Edit: Okay scrap that idea!

So i have RX590 with Amdgpu and i found it’s doing it on mine now since i went into the settings page. I will check it out now since i see it doing it here too.

@anon14644943
I just turned off hardware acceleration and it stopped. It’s under settings advanced. Please try it and see if it works.

Edit: This is on the chromium browser settings!
Edit2: It’s working for me.

2 Likes

Just a note here - no problem here yet on Brave - with hardware acceleration enabled. No change with upgrad eto linux 5.8.4-arch1-1 either. Very strange…

If you go into settings page on Chromium and rest your cursor top left about 2" down and see. Mine wasn’t doing it on the open page so much but i opened the sttings page and it went all strange when i left the cursor sitting there. Soon as i turned off hardware acceleration on Chromium it stopped.

No issue.
Screenshot_2020-08-27_22-42-58

Screenshot_2020-08-27_22-43-23

Edit: Scrambled with hardware acceleration on.

Screenshot_2020-08-27_22-47-08

1 Like

Still no detectable problem, no matter where I sit the cursor. Here’s a screen shot of the settings in action (including the acceleration toggle).

brave-win

Some bad Google code? :grin:

Maybe with dark theme it doesn’t do it? :man_shrugging:t2:

Light theme causes only the expected problem - my eyes go funny :grin:

2 Likes