Stop the hate already

Or we could, you know, stop treating each OS or toolset like a religion. Use what works best for you, let everyone else use what works best for them, and then continue to get on with our lives.

7 Likes

Amen on it!

Not that I like snaps!

I like AppImage! :wink:

I think a certain amount of advocacy and education is worthwhile. After all, not everyone knows what they are getting into.

On the other hand, when that advocacy turns into blind bashing and hate it has clearly gone too far.

That being said, expecting a balanced reaction to anything on twitter seems fairly unreasonable at this point. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

5 Likes

I like Mint. I just don’t like snaps. :rofl: Ubuntu…well you know. :thinking:

3 Likes

Indeed, Mint is the only distro that I know of that treats snaps rightly! If nothing else, that deserves my respect.

Also, I like the minty green colour… :green_heart:

1 Like

I also like Cinnamon! :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely delicious, especially in a nice apple strudel!

The DE is not bad either.

3 Likes

Sadly, yes, I see this more and more on Linux, and is not healthy

1 Like

I have used Ubuntu since 5.04 and Canonical has made me happy and sad over the years. I am not a fan of snaps or flatpaks either for that matter. I moved from Ubuntu to Mint to Pop!_OS and just tired of it all (though Mint and Pop don’t do snaps) And I don’t like Windows either, so the beauty in all this is we have choices. I “voted” my thoughts on snap etc by moving to EndeavourOS. It is fun getting used to after so many years in Debian based systems but I am totally enjoying it.

I think some folks waste so much energy ranting about snaps, flatpaks, appimage, what desktop is best, just use what you like and let others do the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes