STEAM -- Game Dirt Rally errors

Hi!

I have some errors on Steam when I try to launch Dirt Rally. The game starts sometimes, and sometimes fails with error code 6. Here the terminal messages:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jordi/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
/mnt/.../SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/bin/DirtRally: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /mnt/.../SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)
/mnt/.../SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/bin/DirtRally: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /mnt/.../SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/bin/../lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4)

What are those errors?

–NOT A SOLUTION–

Well, I found the solution (I think). I searched “liblber-2.4.so.2” on duckduckgo, and this appeared:
https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=liblber-2.4.so.2
Then, I downloaded the first rpm, and replaced the files on /usr/lib with the downloaded ones.
Seems the error not appears now and the game starts all the time (for now).
Problem apparently solved.

–ADD–

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jordi/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

This thing not solved, I don’t know what is, but seems not important, the games are working perfectly.

2 Likes

This is not a solution. This solves the error on Dirt Rally, but then, when I made a sudo on the terminal:

sudo: error en /etc/sudo.conf, lĂ­nea 0 mientras se carga el plugin "sudoers_policy"
sudo: no se puede cargar /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so: libldap-2.4.so.2: clase ELF errĂłnea: ELFCLASS32
sudo: error fatal, no se puede cargar los plugins

I restored the files from live usb, and working sudo again.
Still thinking on this issue…

changed topic to be more clear :wink: No solution from me here i do no nothing about Steam… may read here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Steam

Problem solved here:

Is not a very “pretty” solution but works perfect. Simply is make a symlink from the libcurl.so.4 to the local one (/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4).

That’s all, the error is not showed again.

Thanks!