SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

I get this error “SSL certificate has expired” message when I try to update via terminal. How ever, afterwards it will update. How can I update the SSL certificate?

error: failed retrieving file ‘extra.db’ from mirror.kaminski.io : SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
extra is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘community.db’ from mirror.kaminski.io : SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
community is up to date
error: failed retrieving file ‘multilib.db’ from mirror.kaminski.io : SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
multilib is up to date
endeavouros is up to date

You can’t. The problem is at the mirror you are trying to access, and not in your computer.

Do a search, and there are two or three Topics on this. It’s past my bed time, otherwise I would look up the topics, yawn.

As I was shutting down the computer, I thought that maybe if you used ‘Update Mirrors’ in Welcome, it might choose different mirrors that may work.

Pudge

3 Likes

Okay, I figured it out and updated the mirror list, by going back to the welcome screen and updating the mirrors from there. Thanks for the tip, because I had set the welcome screen not to show any more.

1 Like

The app that updates mirrorlist is reflector-simple.

1 Like

I think that might have been suggested here:

:thinking:

(if it was me, I’d have marked Pudge’s post as the solution)