Sounds of the Forest

A nice idea for an open source sound map: Sounds of the Forest collects the sounds of the forests on an international map and you can click into all the forests acoustically. Just as if you were there.

13 Likes

This is so cool! Just spent a few minutes listening to forest sounds all over the world.

3 Likes

That is neat, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is so cool, I love it!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :smiley: :enos_flag:

1 Like

I have a nice portable mic, I might try and contribute to this :open_mouth: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m very pleased that this topic has been so well received. I hadn’t expected that.
Have fun in the forest :deciduous_tree: :studio_microphone: :notes:

3 Likes

Yes… this is pretty cool. I take my dog on walks in various conservation areas. Wish they sounded more like this. Some of them are so quiet it’s a bit eerie when you’re deep in the Forrest trail all by yourselves. :wink:

1 Like

You have to be very attentive to hear everything that is going on in the forest. Buzzards and kites nest in one direction and I’ve seen deer in the other. In spring you can also hear lots of other bird calls. At the stream, a fire salamander sat down next to me on a stone when I had cooled my feet :wink:

Unfortunately, it has become considerably quieter in recent years as far as bird calls are concerned

Yes i hear crows because they are quite loud. But generally it’s very quiet at least the times i have been deep in the forest.

Edit: I think my dog is more attentive then me. :wink:

1 Like

We probably only have attention for the computer :sweat_smile:

1 Like