Some shortcuts not working with plasma 6

Hi all,
Similar to what this thread on the arch forum states, some of my shortcuts (either default ones, like XF86Calculator, or custom ones) do not work. After a bit of digging, I that :

○ plasma-kglobalaccel.service - KDE Global Shortcuts Server
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/plasma-kglobalaccel.service; static)
     Active: inactive (dead) since Fri 2024-03-08 10:41:22 CET; 4s ago
    Process: 9070 ExecStart=/usr/lib/kglobalacceld (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 9070 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 24ms

mars 08 10:41:22 olivier-82ju systemd[967]: Starting KDE Global Shortcuts Server...
mars 08 10:41:22 olivier-82ju systemd[967]: Started KDE Global Shortcuts Server.```
Starting the server with ```systemctl start --user plasma-kglobalaccel.service``` results in the service dying immediately.

Nota: this is done on a wayland session, however, I have the save problems on a X.org session.

Have you tried resetting the shortcuts. Go into system settings and set whatever shorcut to the same thing it is already set to. I don’t have that service running either, but I don’t think it is an issue. Most issues I have seen are due to khotkeys being removed in plasma6.

Thanks for the answer. I tried that to no avail. I noticed that while kglobalacceld isn’t running on wayland (systemd starts it, but it dies right away), it is on X11. However, the shortcuts that weren’t working on wayland are still not working in that later case.

1 Like

I’m a little confused by the xf86calculator. I reread your thread when I came across the thought that maybe it was xwayland app shortcuts that were broken. In which there is a solution for that. However this isn’t your problem. Anyways, what is xf86calculator, you mentioned it as an example of a default shortcut, but I have not heard of it?

Anyways, what is xf86calculator, you mentioned it as an example of a default shortcut, but I have not heard of it?

Basically it is a shortcut (on my box Fn+F12) that launches the kcalc.

Edit:
journalctl -b --grep=kglobalaccel
Gives the following:

kwin_wayland[1001]: qt.dbus.integration: Could not find slot KGlobalAccelD::unRegister

Doesn’t explain the problem on X11 just yet, but one display server at a time, I guess.

Noticing similar problem under X11. In my case it’s “Show desktop grid” shortcut that doesn’t work with both default and custom combination.

Can someone please test if Meta+F8 or Ctrl+F8 work as intended? If it’s not only me - I’ll submit new bug report.

Ahh, my keyboard has a dedicated key to launch kcalc. It looks like a calculator and I can confirm that that shortcut doesn’t work.

Edit: I also can’t set my dedicated key to be used as a shortcut for it. Pressing that key when configuring shortcuts does nothing.

I believe this bug is similar to what we are both experiencing https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=422401

They say the shortcut issue particularly the one affecting kcalc is sovled in QT 6.7, so perhaps QT 6.7 will solve the other ones as well.

Same here.

1 Like

Yes, me too. However, wev recognizes it. This means that wayland sees it, but somehow, it is ignored by plasma.

XF86Calculator works now, since qt 6.6.3. However one has to remove KCalc from the shortcut and add anew, for it to work.
Now on to XF86SelectiveScreenshot

1 Like