[SOLVED] Soundconverter no longer launches

I am using tauon on a daily basis. Never experienced any issues. Just rebuilt all the python stuff after the major update.Didn’t even rebuild tauon-music-box itself.

1 Like

It looks like the bad package wasn’t available for very long. Maybe you just didn’t update during that small window.

2 Likes

Well consider yourself very lucky! I have constant issues with Tauon randomly crashing and freezing my system. I’ve talked with the dev and I’m running Tauon with debugging tools, but nothing I’ve produced has indicated any issue they can address. As far as they can tell right now, they suspect it’s my GPU (Nvidia MX150/Intel hybrid graphics), and if that’s the case, not much I can do about it. It crashes like maybe once every couple of days. But it freezes my system for 2-4 seconds randomly multiple times a day that I’ve stopped using it as much since that drives me bonkers. But I want to help fix the issues if possible so I still run it, I just lately have been going back to Rhythmbox more when I just want to not have any issues. It’s unfortunate, Tauon is a great music player and I love using it, but my system for reasons unknown doesn’t get along with it all too often. Treasure your trouble free Tauon experience, I am jealous :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tauon just had a major update. Might be worth a try. :wink:

yay -Qs tauon
local/tauon-music-box 7.0.0-1
    A modern streamlined music player

Yeah, I tested it last night when it was released. Froze my system for 3 seconds after only playing 2 songs. Issue isn’t going away for me. Rhythmbox gets the job done though it’s not ideal