[SOLVED] Nvidia error

What file did you delete?

/usr/lib/libnvidia-gtk3.so.390.116

and then the whole directory dissapeared and is not in trash

pacman says
/usr/bin/pacman: No such file or directory

That is the right file as i have just been looking at mine and i have Nvidia also. You deleted the file instead of renaming it? Sometimes i rename the file in case i need it back. Then if okay i delete it. Not sure what to tell you. Try view refresh in that folder.

i renamed it first, it just found it as a .bak file

Try view refresh in the folder and see .

it’s gone… no ls plugins failing, looks like a reinstall “ALOT of explatives deleted”
well thanks for the help I guess it’ll be fixed…DAMMIT lol

It deleted everything?

yup

Oh man sorry that this happened. Do you have separate home folder to keep stuff or not?

yes seperate home shouldn’t be too bad, be back later

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libnvidia-gtk3.so.440.82
/usr/lib/libnvidia-gtk3.so.440.82 is owned by nvidia-settings 440.82-1

libnvidia-gtk3.so.390.116

is then owned by nvidia-390xx-settings from AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nvidia-390xx-settings/

reinstalling this should renew empty file.

this is nonsense :wink: nvidia-dkms is the package name not a module…

And indeed Geforce GT 740 is supported by latest drivers:

1 Like

The ultimate solution after the accident was a reinstall, but thanks @joekamprad and @ricklinux for the help.

Hey, I’m really sorry that that happened. I wasn’t expecting that at all either but I guess that file is intertwined with others. I think you’ll be a lot better off now with the 440xx series drivers. I’m assuming you used the dkms version as you have both kernels loaded?

Yup, sure did, and no worries, It was inevitable at some point anyway.
You know how it is, always a reinstall happens when you get ready to do something fun then something goes sideways :stuck_out_tongue:

I install so much i don’t even care anymore. Just when i think i have settled on what i like i decide to try something. :wink:

That’s kinda the point I was makeing on my reinstall post.
It took a few times to get it right because I don’t do it much, but not “new person” new to the installer. lol

Yes, i understand what you mean.

I have to reinstall my wife’s notebook I have converted from Antergos also some days before, it was going nuts

Ah!