[SOLVED] Multimedia within LibreOffice Impress

hi all,
I have a problem to play multimedia (AUDIO and/or VIDEO) embedded in Libreoffice Impress [I posted in that subcategory as well]. I have installed gstreamer and its essential plugins (gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-ugly, gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-openh264). Everything works fine if I play the media outside LO:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///media

But the video or the audio do not work when are within LO-Impress.
People suggests installing many different plugins (together with some LO extensions), but I do not want to install random stuff. Do you have any idea how to solve the problem?

thanks
T

Is the package gst-plugin-gtk installed? That was the one missing for me that made everything freeze.

Otherwise this thread might be a good starting point.

1 Like

yep! that was the one missing for me as well!. It works.
(do you know by the way, if the problem of autoplay of media (in LOimpress) has been resolved somehow? I continue to use a kind of workaround with animation (https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/impress-presentations-video-autoplay-and-animation-preview/32504/2).

I faintly recall that when I last looked it up it was not working :frowning_face: After spending too much time on finding gst-plugin-gtk already I think I just gave up at that point xD

(PS: Please mark the above answer as solution if it solved your problem so other users have an easier time finding it later :wink: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.