[SOLVED] How to remove a dead menu entry?

Bastyon is a blockchain-based social medium.

Which appimage file?

No it isn’t

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=327864

Does that help?

you deleted appimage, but there might be files somewhere that haven’t been deleted yet.

That’s what @pebcak suggested. Does not show the appimage entry for Lw.

Where would those be?

Have you checked each individual categories in case it is hiding?

yep, nothing there.

Then I am out of ideas :frowning:

I had 1 more idea myself (don’t laugh): I checked the Trash.

In there, there was a Lw folder from the appimage days, and it contained the librewolf.desktop file. There was also a similar file outside that folder in the Trash.

So, I emptied the Trash, restarted the EOS, but those 2 damn menu items are still there!!

No more appimages for me.

2 Likes

If you feel like to, look if you find similar issues to yours or report it here:

You could do away with AppimageLauncher and make your own .desktop files manually and place them in ~/.local/share/applications

:eye: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Desktop_file

There is always a forensic desperation method… if needed.

If you load up some small, uniquely named AppImage in the same manner - then see what was actually done by the Launcher with the new program, it should indicate what it did with the other one you can’t seem to eliminate.

It is possible it will also get ‘stuck’ in the menu, but if you track it before trying to remove the new one, it might tell you what you need to know. Your system, your choice :grin:

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to me to be quite an involved process, and I don’t want to end up with yet another dead, unremovable menu item.

Yes, I’ll check that one out.

I’ll bear that in mind if ever I need to use an appimage for lack of an alternative. Thanks for mentioning that.

1 Like

I can’t say where it is, but you can search for ‘LibreWolf’ in your file manager or in the terminal
find /home/your_username -name *LibreWolf

I already did that with the method suggested by @xircon. Did not find anything that pointed to these 2 rogue menuu entries.

that’s mysterious, unfortunately I don’t know anymore.

one more thing, the find command is case-sensitive. I don’t know how you wrote it in the tool that xircon has recommended and whether it is case-sensitive. it should be written like “LibreWolf”. it says so on GitLab repo from LibreWolf.