[SOLVED] How do I get the Bluetooth to Work on my ZaReason Ultralap?

Yes, and super easy to use. Don’t need to save the file after writing what you want, just close it, when you open again all your entries and text are there. Really worth checking.

Thanks friend.

You’re welcome friend :+1:

1 Like

I would also respectfully recommend trying Cherrytree. It is more akin to a personal, local Evernote. I found that I prefer it over Zim, but that’s a personal preference, of course. Either choice will serve you well.

Barry

2 Likes

What I have done is the old-fashioned simple way. I just write down (with a PEN!) on a piece of paper the programs that I want to install (as well as the themes, icons, colors, etc., etc., etc. that I want the computer to have). As for problems or tips with installation (such as this problem regarding Bluetooth) I create a .pdf document with the relevant information and I store that in several places.

Most of the standard installation is straightforward (at least for me).

I have installed so many different GNU/Linux distributions that the actual installation process is almost second-nature to me and that includes installation on older BIOS-equipped computers, UEFI alone (no Secure Boot) or UEFI/Secure Boot computers. Only rarely have I had a problem and that has always been addressed by asking about it (them) on the pertinent forum (I have ALWAYS gotten the answer).

Plus I have ‘broken’ my installations so many times that I can reinstall quickly (sometimes even before my wife has noticed that I’ve done it!).

What I REALLY would like is the ability to create a .pdf document which would contain all of the programs I want to install and have the document creation program automatically alphabetize them and also remove duplicates. My piece of paper is a real mess! (But, so far, it works for me. I just hope I don’t lose it!)

Is there any such document program that can alphabetize entries?

Lawrence

P.S. By the way, I installed EndeavourOS onto a second computer yesterday. From the time of turning on the computer (with the USB stick containing the OS inserted) to the time of rebooting (with the OS installed), the whole process took less than seven minutes! The installation process is the fastest I have ever experienced (the first computer on which I installed EndeavourOS took about the same amount of time). Of course adding the programs that i want and configuring and adjusting them is what takes the most amount of time. In my case(s), it takes about eight or nine hours!

2 Likes

I know you still have a few machines to install, but try to install those with a separate Home partition, this will save you the trouble of adjusting, when a reinstall is needed in the future.

2 Likes

Indeed, i tested long time ago but din’t like it. There are many alternatives luckily :wink:

me too, but not recently. I’ve learned that if i want to test more, i should install the OS in VM too, then if everything goes fine i just aply in my real system.

Don’t know from pdf, but if you create a .txt list of all packages you want to install you can quickly install them through pacman. (create a new post about it if you want, we’ll help you)

2 Likes