[SOLVED] Endeavour doesn't boot after grub (black screen with bios logo)

Hi, I installed today endeavour on my computer.
Computer has 2 drives, 1 drive with windows, and second drive(hdd) has debian, I have installed endeavour on the second drive aswell.
Everything went fine on the installer, after that, I ran sudo update-grub on debian and fine, endeavour shows up on my grub boot loader, but after I select it, nothing happens.
Any idea? I cant open any terminal, only way of exiting is force shutting down the computer by the button.
Thanks in advance, here’s a video:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Unless something has changed recently, Debian’s grub can’t load Endeavouros or other Arch-based distros by default.

Arch-based distros have multiple initrd lines and Debian’s os-prober/grub don’t handle that properly.

The easiest solution is to use EndeavourOS’s grub which can handle both.

Alternative solutions include configuring the boot entry in Debian’s grub manually or using refind on top of grub which will handle pretty much everything.

Hi, thank you for your answer!
Will refind work to my “triple boot” on different drives? Im a lil scared to not mess everything up and boot into grub recuse mode like in the old days c:

refind will generally boot just about everything. In the case of Windows, it should just work. In the case of debian/EOS, it is capable of either booting them directly or loading their individual grub installs.

Most of the time, installing refind just works. It detects all your OSes and creates boot options for them. Of course, whenever you mess with your bootloader, there is some risk.

Okay so, I was able to get refind working but, it didnt recognize endeavour, only debian and windows, do I need to do some extra step when installing endeavour?

The Debian grub sees only one initrd, intel-ucode.img, so when the boot screen come up, move to Endeavour OS line, and press e, when the terminal opens, go down to initrd line and add /boot/initramfs-linux.img after /boot/intel-ucode.img, and then click Ctrl+X. Endeavour OS would boot. You’d have to do that every time, though.

well, I have managed to use Endeavour’s grub (I just deleted debians boot partition and replaced it on the EOS installer with a new fat32 partition with boot flag) and everything works fine now :slight_smile: Thanks for the support guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.