[SOLVED] Emojis don't render

And you should mark this thread as solved, if emojis are rendering properly.

Like I said, emojis are not rendering properly across the board.
However, since you told me to open a new thread, I will mark your 1st comment above as the Solution (like I did before) and mark this thread as Solved, although I feel a bit funny doing so.

You have not said that. You have said that your text expander program is not working properly with Disqus and XED. That’s probably a completely different issue and for that you should open a new thread. One thread for one issue, so that it’s easy to search.

Are emojis rendering or not? If you see rectangles like this □ or monochrome emojis, then they are not rendered properly and my reply did not solve your issue. If you type in your text expander shortcut and nothing happens, that’s not an issue with emojis.

Like I said, if I use my text expander while writing a comment on this forum, they are rendered. If, however, I use my text expander in XED or in a Disqus box, they do not render at all: I do not get a little square nor monochrome, nothing, nada.

So, if my text expander works with text on this forum or in another app like e.g. Obsidian, but not in the other 2 situations, does that mean it is the text expander that is amiss or the emojis? I have no problem with the text expander in any way when I use it on my Mac.

If this is too much of a grey area to solve, I will let the issue go and use a workaround, I don’t want to become a pain in the neck with this to you and others.

This is unrelated to this issue. It belongs in a new thread.

Yeah, let us open at least three new threads for this.

:person_facepalming:

If there are three unrelated issues, then yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.