[SOLVED] Doubts with extensions and apps on EOS flavor Gnome 40

Hello EndeavorOS Team

I’ve been a Linux user for 03 years and I still consider myself a beginner. I started with Ubuntu and then migrated from Distros. I’m currently with Fedora 34 flavor Gnome 40 and for reasons of learning and curiosity, I installed the EOS flavor Gnome 40.0, where I initially have two questions:

1º I installed the EOS flavor Gnome 40.2 and I can’t connect and/or install any other extension that doesn’t come by default.

The error message that appears on the Gnome Extensions website is:

Even though the GNOME Shell integration extension is running, the native machine connector was not detected. See the documentation for connector installation instructions.

Captura de tela de 2021-07-12 21-39-22

When trying to install chrome-gnome-shell it says that the package doesn’t exist and when looking for it in the ArchLinux repository there isn’t either.

Captura de tela de 2021-07-12 21-45-17

2º I would like to know how to install a shop or gui for pacma-aur and if it is possible to install on EOS. I want to install other apps, but I don’t remember everyone’s name. I was a user of Manjaro and Archlinux Deepin flavor and there was the pacman-aur. I’m not sure how it works on EOS. If you can help me in this matter, I’m grateful!

Note: I prefer to update everything from the terminal using sudo pacman -Syu and sudo pacman -Syyu. Are both commands correct or on EOS if you use yay? This part for me is a little confusing. When to use one and the other?

I apologize for any error in the text above, as I used google translate from Brazilian Portuguese to English.

pacman only searches/installs packages from the repositories. yay works with both the repos and AUR and uses basically the sam syntax as pacman. My advice is to always use yay. It does everything pacman does plus more.

That being said, if you want pamac you can install it like this:

yay -Syu pamac-aur

for chrome

for firefox

I already have this extension installed on Firefox, but it doesn’t integrate

Captura de tela de 2021-07-12 22-30-03

pacman -S gnome-shell-extensions
have you?

for chrome-gnome-shell.

yay -S chrome-gnome-shell

2021-07-13_03-42

1 Like

It is already installed:

After confirming with #1, nothing else happens. Get stuck! Need to type something else? Is it still time-consuming to complete the installation? Or need to reboot?

do you have?

Can you copy/paste here the full output you are getting?

I can’t install as yay command.
It gets stuck and doesn’t move.
I don’t see the installation happening

yay -Syu pamac-aur
[sudo] senha para edson:
:: Sincronizando a base de dados de pacotes…
core está atualizado
extra está atualizado
community está atualizado
multilib está atualizado
endeavouros está atualizado
:: Iniciando atualização completa do sistema…
nada para fazer
:: Procurando atualizações nos bancos de dados…
:: Procurando atualizações no AUR…
:: Há 2 provedores disponíveis para pamac-aur:
:: Repositório AUR
1) pamac-aur 2) pamac-classic

Digite um número (padrão=1): 1
:: Verificando conflitos…
:: Verificando conflitos internos…
[Repo:3] gcab-1.4-1 appstream-glib-0.7.18-2 archlinux-appstream-data-20210612-1
[Repo Make:23] docbook-xml-4.5-9 itstool-1:2.0.6-2 docbook-xsl-1.79.2-7 glib2-docs-2.68.3-1 python-lxml-4.6.3-1 python-pygments-2.9.0-1 python-anytree-2.8.0-3 gtk-doc-1.33.2-1 netpbm-10.73.34-1 gts-0.7.6.121130-2 graphviz-2.47.3-1 vala-0.52.4-1 asciidoc-9.1.0-1 ninja-1.10.2-1 meson-0.58.1-1 python-markupsafe-2.0.1-1 python-beaker-1.11.0-6 python-mako-1.1.4-1 gobject-introspection-1.68.0-1 libdbusmenu-glib-16.04.0-4 libdbusmenu-gtk3-16.04.0-4 libindicator-gtk3-12.10.1-9 libappindicator-gtk3-12.10.0.r296-1
[Aur:2] libpamac-aur-11.0.1-1 pamac-aur-10.1.3-1

==> Remover dependências make após a instalação? [s/N] s
2 libpamac-aur (Arquivos de Build Existem)
1 pamac-aur (Arquivos de Build Existem)
==> Limpar e construir quais pacotes?
==> [N]Nenhum [A]Todos [Ab]Abortar [I]Instalados [No]Não Instalados ou (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==> 1 2
:: Removendo (1/2): /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur
:: Removendo (2/2): /home/edson/.cache/yay/pamac-aur
:: PKGBUILD baixado (1/2): libpamac-aur
:: PKGBUILD baixado (2/2): pamac-aur
2 libpamac-aur (Arquivos de Build Existem)
1 pamac-aur (Arquivos de Build Existem)
==> Exibir Diffs?
==> [N]Nenhum [A]Todos [Ab]Abortar [I]Instalados [No]Não Instalados ou (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==> 1 2
diff --git /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/.gitignore /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/.gitignore
new file mode 100644
index 0000000…81d8e83
— /dev/null
+++ /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/.gitignore
@@ -0,0 +1,5 @@
+.gz
+
.tar
+.tar.
+/pkg/*
+/src/*
diff --git /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/PKGBUILD /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/PKGBUILD
new file mode 100644
index 0000000…8c0db57
— /dev/null
+++ /home/edson/.cache/yay/libpamac-aur/PKGBUILD
@@ -0,0 +1,71 @@
+# Contributor: Zeph zeph33@gmail.com
+# Maintainer: Zeph zeph33@gmail.com
+# https://gitlab.manjaro.org/packages/extra/pamac
+ENABLE_FLATPAK=0
:

Don’t just blindly answer yes to everything :wink:

It looks like you selected to view the PKGBUILD diffs. It is showing them to you. You probably need to either hit q to exit there or not select to view the diffs.

1 Like

Exibir Diffs? n

1º I installed the EOS flavor Gnome 40.2 and I can’t connect and/or install any other extension that doesn’t come by default.

you need to install

works fine here

Screenshot from 2021-07-13 02-29-52

2º I would like to know how to install a shop or gui for pacma-aur and if it is possible to install on EOS. I want to install other apps, but I don’t remember everyone’s name. I was a user of Manjaro and Archlinux Deepin flavor and there was the pacman-aur. I’m not sure how it works on EOS. If you can help me in this matter, I’m grateful!

you need to install

yay -S pamac-aur

Screenshot from 2021-07-13 02-36-48

PS:
BTW I do not use gnome
I only have download gnome to test for you

I don’t understand why it doesn’t install just by typing 1 or Y or N directly and it needs to be stopped with the letter q.
After typing q the installation option appears and everything happens normally.

The pamac installed normally

chrome-gnome-shell-10.1-5 is also installed

The lack of knowledge in a given subject is no longer blind when we seek to know it. That’s what I’m trying to do, just learn. Thanks!

Thanks for everyone’s help with these questions.

1 Like

Thank You

1 Like

Just an observation. Your lacklustre approach towards the AUR is setting you up for failure. You should invest some time and effort into understanding how the AUR works and how packages are built.

A good place to start is to stop using Pamac for AUR packages. There is a warning in Pamac regarding the AUR for a reason.

2 Likes