[Solved] - Aur issues - Could not resolve host: aur.archlinux.org

I’ve been having issues last few days with updates.
I started noticing kalu saying couldn’t update aur packages.

Had same issue as here and seemed to fix that part

I just can’t seem to get things from aur today unlike few days ago

Here is current issue

$ yay -S ums --aur
:: There are 2 providers available for tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin:
:: Repository AUR
    1) tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin 2) tsmuxer 

Enter a number (default=1): 1
:: Checking for conflicts...
:: Checking for inner conflicts...
[Repo: 25]  recode-3.7.2-1  enca-1.19-2  confuse-3.2.2-1  libftdi-1.4-2  libusb-compat-0.1.5-2  lirc-1:0.10.1-2  libmng-2.0.3-2  mplayer-38139-1  mencoder-38139-1  libzen-0.4.37-2  libmediainfo-19.07-1  java-runtime-common-3-1  jre8-openjdk-headless-8.u222-2  jre8-openjdk-8.u222-2  lib32-glibc-2.29-4  lib32-gcc-libs-9.1.0-2  lib32-zlib-1.2.11-2  lib32-bzip2-1.0.8-2  lib32-libpng-1.6.37-1  lib32-pcre-8.43-1  lib32-libffi-3.2.1-2  lib32-util-linux-2.34-1  lib32-glib2-2.60.6-1  lib32-harfbuzz-2.6.1-1  lib32-freetype2-2.10.1-1
[Aur: 2]  tsmuxer-ng-bin-2.6.11-1 (tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin)  ums-8.2.0-1

error cloning ums: Cloning into 'ums'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://aur.archlinux.org/ums.git/': Could not resolve host: aur.archlinux.org
error cloning tsmuxer-ng-bin: Cloning into 'tsmuxer-ng-bin'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://aur.archlinux.org/tsmuxer-ng-bin.git/': Could not resolve host: aur.archlinux.org

I just had ums installed 2 days ago, uninstalled today, but now it won’t go back in.
Am I doing something wrong and don’t realize it?
Is it in maintenance?
It’s working very slow as well.

Shows as a bad links to me.

Hi,
Did you do some changes in yay configs?
I’d start with full system upgrade, then retry.

Mine yay has no issues.

@ricklinux it's not a bad link:
patryk@sandworm ~/tmp git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/ums.git/
Cloning into 'ums'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 257, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (257/257), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (157/157), done.
remote: Total 257 (delta 100), reused 257 (delta 100)
Receiving objects: 100% (257/257), 51.88 KiB | 2.25 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (100/100), done.

@MrEd
could you try to perform git clone on one of those links, just like I did above?

And also please share output of command:

host aur.archlinux.org

(‘host’ is part of bind-tools package, if you don’t have it just install via pacman)

You should see something like this:

 patryk@sandworm ~/tmp host aur.archlinux.org
aur.archlinux.org has address 5.9.250.164
aur.archlinux.org has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:160:3033::2
aur.archlinux.org mail is handled by 10 mx.archlinux.org.
1 Like

The problem seems to be related to

tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin

If the problem persists, you could write a report to https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ums

try it again now - I just installed tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin and ums and had no issues installing it using yay. I skipped the aur part though and used only yay -S

ums-8.2.0-1
tsmuxer-ng-cli-bin-2.6.11-1

@ patryk

$ git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/ums.git/
Cloning into 'ums'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 257, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (257/257), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (157/157), done.
remote: Total 257 (delta 100), reused 257 (delta 100)
Receiving objects: 100% (257/257), 51.88 KiB | 474.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (100/100), done.
[major@AIM tmp]$ ls
ums

host

$ host aur.archlinux.org
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

yay

$ yay -S ums
Get https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?arg%5B%5D=ums&type=info&v=5: dial tcp: lookup aur.archlinux.org: Temporary failure in name resolution

In kalu

Synchronizing database core... Error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from archlinux.nautile.nc : Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds
Error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.kurnode.com : Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Synchronizing database endeavouros... Error: failed retrieving file 'endeavouros.db' from github.com : Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds
Error: failed retrieving file 'endeavouros.db' from github.com : Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds
failed

Something is going on with mirrorlist I think, but idk how to fix it.

also
Is there a how to on graphics driver install or can the arch wiki be used?
I’m getting bad flicker when screen lock comes on but then again maybe something with plasma install idk.

That’s weird… git resolved aur.archlinux.org hostname, while host didn’t…
I’d start to look for solution within DNS configuration on your os:

  1. nmtui
  2. Edit a connection
  3. select active connection with up/down arrows, then move with right arrow to edit
  4. In 'ipv4 configuration section press <show>
  5. In DNS servers put any public DNS server you prefer, simplest for testing: 1.1.1.1 (cloudflare) 8.8.8.8 (google)
  6. Arrow down to ok
  7. Arrow down to back
  8. Select activate connection and enter it
  9. deactivate and activate your connection
  10. test host command again

Also you may want to see what is in /etc/resolv.conf file.

So my son come home from school and wants to watch a movie.
I load up UMS on my main machine, and he connects to it through the roku box on the tv.

I look at the tv after a few minutes and see a connecting bar on the srcreen, he said it was the 3rd time it did it.

I un-minimize UMS and look at the image of the renderer, and wouldn’t you know the stupid rokubox had the same damn ip as the machine with all the issues I was having. I think the flicker is gone too, not sure yet.
Marking as solved, Thankyou.