Small UI text bug in Welcome app

After installing and booting up the first time, I’m presented with the welcome screen. One of the options is to “Download more EndeavourOS wallpapers.” If you select this option, a terminal pops up downloading the images. At the end of the process, it asks for the “Root Password.” However when I put in the password for my root account, I get the message “su: Authentication failure” and no wallpapers are downloaded. IF however, I put in my user account password, it works. I suspect I found this bug because during the install I chose to not to use my user password as the root password.

I’m a long time Arch user, and newish EndeavourOS user, so forgive me if this is in the wrong category.

This is expected behavior. SUDO requires your password not roots.

The wallpaper downloader uses the value of variable EOS_ROOTER set in file /etc/eos-script-lib-yad.conf.
What value do you have configured there? Plain su is the default.

shows su in myne as well. Shows how much i use this lol.

i was thinking he sudo but since i reread i see he just click a button.

2 Likes

Looking in /etc/eos-script-lib-yad.conf I see the value of EOS_ROOTER is set to the default su.

However, it looks like I may have absentmindedly set the root password to the same as my user during install. Because I just changed the root password (sudo passwd root) and then tried downloading wallpapers again using the new, changed root password and it worked… so this appears to be pebkac. Sorry. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.