Slow browser

Well, you did fix the slowness issue I’ll see what I can find out about the drivers - Thanks!

No worries, it seems you have 2 different issues going on at the same time. I’ll leave the other one to people who know better. The kernel issue seems to be only affecting some machines, otherwise it would be all over the forums. For now I’d stick with the LTS. If you want to change back you need to edit your /etc/default/grub file and change which kernel you wish to boot from. In your current setup LTS is 0 and the latest one will be 2. The line to edit is GRUB_DEFAULT= (usually at the top of the file). Good Luck!

Oh and then: sudo update-grub and reboot :sweat_smile:

Wish we had known about this in the beginning. Multi Monitor?

Okay so lets install the Nvidia drivers if that’s what you want to try. First run this and post the output with code tags. Code tags are three tilde or three back ticks before and after what you post.

nvidia-installer-check
1 Like

I want to thank everyone who helped, my Problem is resolved, after doing the LTS install I rebooted and then had the display problem but the slowness issue was gone!

I then searched the Wiki and found:
sudo pacman -S linux-lts-headers
sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer-dkms

I ran those and it did fix my display problem, so again thank you everyone!

4 Likes

Okay That’s exactly what i was going to have you do but in a different way. I first run a database test to make sure your card id is listed. Then i run a test install which only tests and doesn’t change anything. If no errors then we install and all good. But if you managed to get it installed with no problems that’s great!

Edit: So the slowness is gone then?

2 Likes

Yes it is Thank you!!!

Yes thanks to @wordler also for his suggestion. I typically don’t install lts kernels as i never seem to have any issues with the current kernels. I always try to do other stuff to try to alleviate the issue but sometimes that doesn’t work and lts kernel is the way to go.

1 Like

I’m normally the same but this particular one seems a bit unstable at present. I assume it will resolve at some point release. 5.13 isn’t that far away anyway. At the end of the day there are usually quite a few to play with :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.