Sleep works, Hibernate doesn't. Acts like a reboot instead

As title says, sleep works, but hibernate doesn’t. Fresh install. Swapfile on root drive set to 8GB. I have 32GB RAM. AMD cpu, NVIDIA gpu (latest driver). dual booting Win10 on nvme, but EndeavorOS is on dedicated 250GB ssd. First foray into Arch/EndeavorOS from Ubuntu land. I got all my programs and games to work, but hibernation is my last to-do on testing it as a likely OS to go replace Win10 with entirely.

I see a lot of

Apr 14 21:27:44 nova kernel: PM: hibernation: Registered nosave memory: [mem 0xfedd6000-0xffffffff]
in journalctl | grep hibernat

Searching for a fix seems quite specific to other people’s outputs. Except mine has nothing special other than this error.

1 Like

@inigma
I don’t consider me an expert, but as for testing look at this
TLDR
journalctl -f
and in another terminal window
systemctl hybrid-sleep

Doesn’t it need to be the same or bigger than the memory???

So I also have been having this issue, what type of motherboard do you have? It is probably a BIOS setting along with Fast boot being enabled, let me know if you figured it out or if you’re still working on the problem.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management/Suspend_and_hibernate

Swap should be at least as big as the memory, because it saves the memory content. Probably just shuts down if there isn’t enough swap space, idk I don’t use hibernate, since my system boots in like 3 seconds.