Slack for Linux(Beta) doesn't work ( stuck at Sign In Window)

Well, I tried to run Slack natively on my endeavourOS with no success !
I was able to install through yay as its provided in aur .
On launching , It redirects to the Web Browser for loging in . However , slack is stuck at the login window when the browser opens it as xdg-app.
In addition , the official slack website https://slack.com/intl/en-in/ has .rpm (I tried making pkg from rpm but failed at installation), .deb packages and snap store option which I dont prefer .
I have to use Slack in the browser which isnā€™t so great.
Any help .Thanks .

Id contact Slack upstream and see if they can offer a proper fix, here you may get a workaround or 2 but the devs know their program best
if you need advise on how to do thisl ill try my best to walk you through it

What do you mean by ā€œstuckā€ here? Which browser is it loading in? Do you have browser extensions that are blocking resources?

The browser actually opens Slack after giving correct credentials but still Slack is ā€˜stuckā€™ at the login Window

Yes please !

Give me a bit but will post it here soon, using the phone for a keyboard at the monent but will ttry post how to soon
sorry if it takes me a bit, will probably just post links for now, this phone is annoying to use

Just want to confitm you have been through this?

Canā€™t replicate the issue here. I sign into Slack in the browser, it asks me to select a workspace, then the browser prompts to open the Slack application and it loads correctly.

1 Like

Same here, zero issues installing or logging in

1 Like

Could you try using another web browser? I am guessing you are using something Chromium-based as you mention xdg-app so perhaps set your default web browser to Firefox and try again?

1 Like

What happens when you click the ā€œSign In to Slackā€ button when youā€™re signed in in the browser?

It may be a KDE plasma issue.

Run this in a terminal:
while true; do ps aux|grep '[s]lack' | grep magic ; sleep 1; done

Open slack, try to log in, wait for a URL to appear on the terminal, like this: slack://<workspace_id>/magic-login/<magic numbers>

Convert WORKSPACE_ID letters to uppercase, and run this: slack --enable-crashpad slack://<WORKSPACE_ID>/magic-login/<magic numbers>

This solution works. Thanks!